Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Stumped on how to proceed.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   EamonX1

EamonX1

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:50 PM

To the experts this should be simple. I have installed a Satellilte disk, facing in the general vicinity of the Satellite I need to contact. I can manipulate it easily both elevation and azimuth. I have connected the disk via an appropriate co-axial cable to my Triax SR 110 Digital Satellite Receiver. I can view my Television from where the Satellite disk is located. My problem: What do I do next.
When I boot the receiver I get various screens. One asking what language I want to use. No problem. Another called Satellite Disk setup. I click on this and get readings for strength of signal and quality of signal. But where do I go from there. How do I get a screen which responds to the manipulation of the Satellite disk. All the screens seem to be within the Triax Receiver setup program. I am told the Satellite settings are pre-set and am told to set the receiver to Channel One. I am stumped. All I can find is the Satellite Disk setup screen and cannot get out of it. Emails to Triax technical support have not been answered. Any basic advise would be much appreciated

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

I think this thread needs to be moved to FTA. You can't get Dish Network programming in Ireland.

#3 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

Generic advice: Try Dishpointer http://www.dishpointer.com/ to see what the azimuth and elevation should be for the satellite you want to get. Then point it there and check your signal quality. Make small adjustments until you maximize your signal quality, then tighten it in place.

Specific advice: Ask the folks who sold you the receiver. Good luck!
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#4 OFFLINE   bruin95

bruin95

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:19 AM

That DISH, not disk. ;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...