Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Uplink Activity for the week of 2-9-9....

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,900 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:07 PM

Hmmm... looks like E5 wanted to run a little bit longer.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   TheGrove

TheGrove

AllStar

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

There is no technical reason to hold off nationals. Unless they are short on MPEG4 HD encoders. :D

What about those of us who only see 119, 110 and 61.5, maybe that is impacting nationals? Don't know, just a thought.
2 Hoppers (2 - 2TB EHD)
1 Joey

#23 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,900 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:23 PM

Space at 61.5 could have an effect (I have not looked to see how much is empty after the last moves there). Any HD added to 110 would have to be added to 72.7 or 77. But there is a large range of "temp" HD channels that are assigned east and west. I believe there is enough space for the channels expected, if not for more.

#24 OFFLINE   CoriBright

CoriBright

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

<------ Faints at the sight of Las Vegas HD locals!

Could Dish please turn them ON before too long, I want Survivor and the rest of my network shows back in HD. It's been four months since we moved and lost our OTA.
Cari
www.coribright.com
www.juganet.com
www.jaredletochat.com
www.doausa.com

#25 OFFLINE   TheGrove

TheGrove

AllStar

• Registered
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:02 AM

Space at 61.5 could have an effect (I have not looked to see how much is empty after the last moves there). Any HD added to 110 would have to be added to 72.7 or 77. But there is a large range of "temp" HD channels that are assigned east and west. I believe there is enough space for the channels expected, if not for more.

It is interesting that a couple of weeks ago or so the uplink activity had my HD locals up on 129 but unavailable. So who knows, maybe I'll end up needing to see 129 anyhow.
2 Hoppers (2 - 2TB EHD)
1 Joey

#26 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

It is interesting that a couple of weeks ago or so the uplink activity had my HD locals up on 129 but unavailable. So who knows, maybe I'll end up needing to see 129 anyhow.

Ditto; they uplinked my local HD to new Ciel2 a few weeks ago, but never made them available yet. I hope they do so I can ditch my 61.5 wing dish and go pure western arc.
Hopper 2000, 2x Joey 1.0 Dish Receivers, "America's Everything pack" with PlatHD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display on Hopper (me), Samsung 40" LCD on Joey #1 (wife), Dell ST2410 HD Monitor on Joey #2 (office.)
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K AVR Receiver, PS3, Klipsch Reference-Series Speakers

Protected By... spam firewall...And...