Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question about Dish package

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   renpar61

renpar61

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

I have been with Dish for over 2 years and my programming package has been reworked a couple of times. Last time I called I told them I wanted to retain my original programming (America Top 250) plus ALL the HD. They suggested Dish DVR Advantage because it would save me money. When I look at my bill it's not clear what they are charging me for: on the website account in the programming section it says Classic Silver 200, HD Gold. Then in the "Add-ons" it says CCSN, MASN, Classic Gold 250 bonus pak.
On my bill, the description is even more confusing: Dish DVR Advantage $49.99, DishHD w/3 premiums $50. No mention of the specific programming. I have HBO, Showtime and Cinemax for $0.01 with autopay.
I don't know what CCSN is, I have no interest in MASN, and I would like to know if they are charging me for 3 premiums instead of 2 plus Cinemax for a penny. Are these separate charges built in the amount?
Do you think I can restructure my programming for less?
I'd like to get some inputs before I call... ;)

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

Maybe think about pricing out the Americas Everything Pack with GOLD or Plat HD, and compare. The AEP has the top 250, all premiums, and waives all DVR fees.

AEP + Plat HD is basically every channel they offer, SD or HD, besides a few ala-carte specialty channels.

Since I have three DVR's and had a couple premiums it was actually cheaper for me to get the AEP and waive the fees, plus I have a TON of movie channels now, MANY in HD.
Hopper 2000, 2x Joey 1.0 Dish Receivers, "America's Everything pack" with PlatHD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display on Hopper (me), Samsung 40" LCD on Joey #1 (wife), Dell ST2410 HD Monitor on Joey #2 (office.)
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K AVR Receiver, PS3, Klipsch Reference-Series Speakers

#3 OFFLINE   Prince Oz

Prince Oz

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

Run, run while you can. Another reason I left E*. Out of the 17 months I was with them, only 1 month had the correct amount on it.
Prince Oz
Living = HR23-700, Sammy LN52A550, BD350, Yamaha 735
Game Room = Dell XPS 630, 360 Elite, Vizio VS32, HR20
Roll Tide Roll

#4 OFFLINE   archer75

archer75

Godfather

• Registered
  • 421 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

Run, run while you can. Another reason I left E*. Out of the 17 months I was with them, only 1 month had the correct amount on it.

In the 20 months I was with them every single one of my bills was correct.

#5 OFFLINE   snowcat

snowcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

The bill is correct (I have a similar setup). It may look confusing, but it isn't too bad.

Everything is based on the 200 channel package. So the three premiums are the 250 channel package, regular HD, and platinum HD. All of those are $10 each.

CCSN and MASN are your local regional sports networks. I get FSN South and SportSouth in my area. They are part of your package.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

#6 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

The bill is correct (I have a similar setup). It may look confusing, but it isn't too bad.

Everything is based on the 200 channel package. So the three premiums are the 250 channel package, regular HD, and platinum HD. All of those are $10 each.

CCSN and MASN are your local regional sports networks. I get FSN South and SportSouth in my area. They are part of your package.

+1
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#7 OFFLINE   renpar61

renpar61

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:01 PM

thanks for the inputs, everyone.
I care for all HD and basic SD (need FOX Soccer Channel and Speed, I believe the 250 is the only way to get these), any suggestion to restructure the package and save?

#8 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

Dude, is there a reason you're all over the Dish forums bashing Dish and praising DirectTV in every topic you can find? Please go over to the D* forums where someone cares.
Hopper 2000, 2x Joey 1.0 Dish Receivers, "America's Everything pack" with PlatHD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display on Hopper (me), Samsung 40" LCD on Joey #1 (wife), Dell ST2410 HD Monitor on Joey #2 (office.)
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K AVR Receiver, PS3, Klipsch Reference-Series Speakers

#9 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Dude, is there a reason you're all over the Dish forums bashing Dish and praising DirectTV in every topic you can find? Please go over to the D* forums where someone cares.

Seconded.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#10 OFFLINE   pitflyer

pitflyer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

I have a question -- it says three premiums and he pays $50 -- but if the premium's are $10 each.. where's the extra $20 coming from?

I had three premiums on my Dish DVR advantage -- regular HD, platinum HD and a premium channel.. and I was paying $31 till I just dropped the premium. Should I be able to add 250 on top of my 250 for just $10?

#11 OFFLINE   Prince Oz

Prince Oz

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:31 AM

Sorry, did not mean to offend anyone. :( I am not attempting to bash them and apologize if that is they way it came across. I was with E* for 17 months, they were not that bad or I would have left sooner. I am sure that many people have experienced difficulties with Sat providers. I will take my leave.
Prince Oz
Living = HR23-700, Sammy LN52A550, BD350, Yamaha 735
Game Room = Dell XPS 630, 360 Elite, Vizio VS32, HR20
Roll Tide Roll

#12 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:43 AM

I have a question -- it says three premiums and he pays $50 -- but if the premium's are $10 each.. where's the extra $20 coming from?

I had three premiums on my Dish DVR advantage -- regular HD, platinum HD and a premium channel.. and I was paying $31 till I just dropped the premium. Should I be able to add 250 on top of my 250 for just $10?

He forgot to mention the HBO and Showtime the OP mentioned, sorry.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...