Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tech Forum Summary - February 9th, 2009

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:45 PM

I don't think they have *ever* mentioned anything about failed deployments during a tech chat. And why would they want to talk about anything but positive things during these chats?

Good business sense demands that they honor their promises, too. :rolleyes:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

Good business sense demands that they honor their promises, too. :rolleyes:

Who promised that they would trash themselves on their own show?

They discuss failures and disappointments when they come up. There is enough DISH bashing going on ... there is no need for DISH to join in.

#23 OFFLINE   riah

riah

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:59 AM

Thanks

I already tried CEO@ a got nowhere, After 3 weeks of back and forth the CSR basicly said too bad there is nothing we can do

#24 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

Who promised that they would trash themselves on their own show?

They discuss failures and disappointments when they come up. There is enough DISH bashing going on ... there is no need for DISH to join in.

Oh, come on, James! You wouldn't be on the waiting list for a 922, would you? :rolleyes:

The problem with Dish is that they don't discuss failures and dissapointments - they only discuss the money-maker dejour. They prefer to keep their customers in the dark, have them speculate and draw all kinds of conclussions. Even you have to admit that.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#25 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

The problem with Dish is that they don't discuss failures and dissapointments - they only discuss the money-maker dejour. They prefer to keep their customers in the dark, have them speculate and draw all kinds of conclussions. Even you have to admit that.

I don't have to admit a thing that isn't true.

I watch these things. I have every chat/forum aired in the past three years on my hard drive. I have some older ones on VHS. I've noted errors in their answers and I've seen them discuss problems they have had.

If you're looking for Hee Haw style "gloom, despair and agony on me" songs sung by DISH on their programming you will be disappointed. But if you watch (more than letting others watch for you?) you will see and hear comments on when things don't go as planned.

You have a false preconception. Fortunately replays are available for anyone who DOES want to watch again. There have been a few "all puff" shows and a few real deep shows. I'd say this week's was average. Or perhaps better because there was no ITV segment. :)

#26 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,125 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

FYI -

The dishquality@dishnetwork.com email gets bounced. The other one seems to work..

"Unable to deliver to <dishquality@dishnetwork.com>"

It's dishquality@echostar.com where I send emails with regard to uplink issues and signal quality issues, plus ongoing issues with such things as audio dropouts from locals.

#27 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:58 AM

It's dishquality@echostar.com where I send emails with regard to uplink issues and signal quality issues, plus ongoing issues with such things as audio dropouts from locals.

Thanks. I wish these addresses were consistent!

#28 OFFLINE   JimD

JimD

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:10 PM

Will the tech chat be rebroadcast?

#29 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

Many times; search with your receiver for "Tech Forum" and you'll see a bunch of rebroadcasts.

Next is tonight, 2am eastern, and again tomorrow noon eastern, and like 9 more times on my timer count.
Hopper 2000, 2x Joey 1.0 Dish Receivers, "America's Everything pack" with PlatHD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display on Hopper (me), Samsung 40" LCD on Joey #1 (wife), Dell ST2410 HD Monitor on Joey #2 (office.)
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K AVR Receiver, PS3, Klipsch Reference-Series Speakers

#30 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

If you don't happen to have a DVR to do the search for you,
http://www.dishnetwo...st/default.aspx
has a link to Rebroadcast Schedule
http://www.dishnetwo...broadcast.shtml
and if you block popups, the image of the schedule is
http://www.dishnetwo...adCast_data.jpg

#31 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

I don't have to admit a thing that isn't true.

I watch these things. I have every chat/forum aired in the past three years on my hard drive. I have some older ones on VHS. I've noted errors in their answers and I've seen them discuss problems they have had.

If you're looking for Hee Haw style "gloom, despair and agony on me" songs sung by DISH on their programming you will be disappointed. But if you watch (more than letting others watch for you?) you will see and hear comments on when things don't go as planned.

You have a false preconception. Fortunately replays are available for anyone who DOES want to watch again. There have been a few "all puff" shows and a few real deep shows. I'd say this week's was average. Or perhaps better because there was no ITV segment. :)

For one thing, I watched the program. I didn't rely on transcripts.

For another, the facts speak for themselves: (1) A promise was made on a live broadcast that set the expectations, (2) three software releases (L6.15, L6.16 and L6.17) failed to deliver or even address the promise, (3) Dish has made no effort to explain this lack of delivery to its subscribers one way or another - although a similar on-air explanation would not be unreasonable to expect.

I'm not into gloom or dispair. I'm just a paying customer who wants to be informed of why an announced enhancement has no been delivered. I didn't set the expectations - they did.

Glad you liked the broadcast. :rolleyes:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#32 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 38,659 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

For one thing, I watched the program. I didn't rely on transcripts.

Good ... particularly because these are summaries, not transcripts.

For another, the facts speak for themselves: (1) A promise was made on a live broadcast that set the expectations, (2) three software releases (L6.15, L6.16 and L6.17) failed to deliver or even address the promise, (3) Dish has made no effort to explain this lack of delivery to its subscribers one way or another - although a similar on-air explanation would not be unreasonable to expect.

OK, which promise? Is this the issue:

No mention of failed deployment of L6.15 or why they failed to deliver promised EHD compatibility fixes with L6.16.

I believe you're expecting too much out of the broadcast forums. They are not reports to shareholders or to the CEO put there for accountability. They are a conduit for providing some additional information on their current and future products. If you want that level of reporting be Charlie Ergen. :)

I'm not into gloom or dispair. I'm just a paying customer who wants to be informed of why an announced enhancement has no been delivered. I didn't set the expectations - they did.

Apparently they are not allowed to talk to their customers unless they clear it with you? Sorry if your expectations were not met but the Tech Forum was never promised to be an accountability session.

#33 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 13 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

Good ... particularly because these are summaries, not transcripts.

OK, which promise? Is this the issue:I believe you're expecting too much out of the broadcast forums. They are not reports to shareholders or to the CEO put there for accountability. They are a conduit for providing some additional information on their current and future products. If you want that level of reporting be Charlie Ergen. :)

Apparently they are not allowed to talk to their customers unless they clear it with you? Sorry if your expectations were not met but the Tech Forum was never promised to be an accountability session.

Ok, James, you win.

I know spin when I see it.

Enjoy your hair-splitting with some other sap.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

spam firewall