Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

D.C. SD Locals: Which Sat?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eben

Eben

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

From which satellite(s) are the Washington, D.C., local standard definition channels sent?
TIA

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

From which satellite(s) are the Washington, D.C., local standard definition channels sent?
TIA

SD = Sat 101

HD = Sat 99s

:)

#3 OFFLINE   Eben

Eben

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

Follow-up question. I have an HR21-100, but my wife still uses a directivo (10-250). I understand that the MPEG2 channels in the 70s are being dropped. But my wife primarily watches our local channels in HD OTA. Which sat carries the guide info for our OTA channels?

#4 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

Follow-up question. I have an HR21-100, but my wife still uses a directivo (10-250). I understand that the MPEG2 channels in the 70s are being dropped. But my wife primarily watches our local channels in HD OTA. Which sat carries the guide info for our OTA channels?

All satellite guide information for local OTA, satellite channels, or otherwise are cyclically streamed from one of the satellites at the 101 group (not sure which) and duplicated from DirecTV 7S at 119 as well.

#5 OFFLINE   firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Where do you find out where you market's SD locals come from???? Just trying to figure out for sure what bird my locals are coming from..... Been told they come from 110/119 but i think that might be wrong and they come from 101...

I am in the Harrisburg, PA DMA:hurah:

My Setup

Slimline 3-LNB Dish
WB68 Muti-Switch
Living Room: R16-300
Master Bedroom: D12-500
Kids Bedroom: D12-500

Proudly Non Comcastic since 2007

#6 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

Where do you find out where you market's SD locals come from???? Just trying to figure out for sure what bird my locals are coming from..... Been told they come from 110/119 but i think that might be wrong and they come from 101...

I am in the Harrisburg, PA DMA:hurah:

According to the transponder map the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York (Network ID 595; DMA 41) SD locals are on a spotbeam from the 101 group using transponder number 26. Again exactly which satellite its coming from at 101 is unknown nor is it really relevant, but it is obviously either DIRECTV-4S or 9S.

#7 OFFLINE   firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:14 PM

According to the transponder map the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York (Network ID 595; DMA 41) SD locals are on a spotbeam from the 101 group using transponder number 26. Again exactly which satellite its coming from at 101 is unknown nor is it really relevant, but it is obviously either DIRECTV-4S or 9S.

That's Great!! So, that's telling me that i don't need to see 110/119 sat's and that i could upgrade my LNB to the new SL3 and still have my SD locals... Correct???:rolleyes:

My Setup

Slimline 3-LNB Dish
WB68 Muti-Switch

#8 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:00 AM

That's Great!! So, that's telling me that i don't need to see 110/119 sat's and that i could upgrade my LNB to the new SL3 and still have my SD locals... Correct???:rolleyes:

Yes, even if the latest transponder maps were not entirely accurate or maybe DirecTV were to shift some or all of your market's SD channel package around in the future. Safe to say they will never leave the 101 core group for the 110 or 119 satellites so that you could no longer receive them with a SL3 LNB.

#9 OFFLINE   firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

Yes, even if the latest transponder maps were not entirely accurate or maybe DirecTV were to shift some or all of your market's SD channel package around in the future. Safe to say they will never leave the 101 core group for the 110 or 119 satellites so that you could no longer receive them with a SL3 LNB.

Sweet, just makes me wonder thou...... why does D* install the phase III in my area for customers that are only getting SD with locals??

My Setup

Slimline 3-LNB Dish
WB68 Muti-Switch

#10 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:26 AM

Sweet, just makes me wonder thou...... why does D* install the phase III in my area for customers that are only getting SD with locals??

There really is no reason for installing a phase III dish for anyone currently unless they are non-HD (or SD only) customers who want Spanish language programming from 119 since the phase II dish is obsolete now. The 110 LNB is just not used in these situations.

Here in the Los Angeles DMA our SD locals are (obviously) from the 101 group also. And I have a lot of Spanish speaking customers with SD only packages around me. So needless to say the phase III dish is a very common sight here. In fact I'd estimate slightly more than the phase I in my neighborhood actually.

#11 OFFLINE   Eben

Eben

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

All satellite guide information for local OTA, satellite channels, or otherwise are cyclically streamed from one of the satellites at the 101 group (not sure which) and duplicated from DirecTV 7S at 119 as well.

Good news. Thank you.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...