Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

article on the channels who want to shut their analog broadcasts before FEB 17th

mad men

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:05 PM

hello here is an article that i found on a website about Stations who want to shut off their analog broadcasts before the Feb 17th.

http://www.multichan...ital_Switch.php

Thanks

Allen Culver

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott in FL

Scott in FL

Godfather

• Registered
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for the interesting article Allen. I've been trying to find out information on the situation in Denver, because my Mom lives there and I'm helping her over the phone. She may need to rescan next week... or next month... or June.

Apparently the stations here in the Ft Myers area will all switch on Monday, although I can't find their applications on rabbitears.info. An article in our local paper explained their position: It's high season here, so we have our largest audience base to get the message across to. Plus June is hurricane season, and our stations argue that making a major transition during hurricane season would be a bad idea.

Valid points, I think, for South Florida stations. I wonder what stations in the rest of the country will say. And I find it very interesting that the bill hasn't been signed yet. Second thoughts perhaps???

spam firewall