Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DVR 625 Dpp44 Switch

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Papote

Papote

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

Woke up this morning and found my 3 year old DVR-625 stuck in the Acquiring Satellite Signal screen. My setup is the following:
Two dishes (110 and 119) with dual Dish Pro Plus LNBs.
DPP44 Switch
DVR-625 (Had more boxes, but just got one TV for now)

I’ve ran the check switch a bunch of times but it doesn’t detect anything. Before you ask, I did remove the DISH separator and connected the switch cable to port 1 on the receiver. The Check Switch displays Port 1 and X on Satellite and Trans.
I had a 4x1 DiSEqC switch but isn’t working either.
Can somebody help me?
Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:16 AM

Unplug the power inserter and receiver and let them sit for a couple of minutes, then plug the power inserter in. After 2 minutes, plug in the receiver and run another Check Switch.

Sometimes something, like a power spike, will scramble the 44 switch, and it needs a full reset.

#3 OFFLINE   Papote

Papote

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

tried that but left it off for like all night...
I connected the 625 directly to each LNB and it works, so I can safley rule out the receiver and the LNBs. I did note however one bad LNB port on 119.

My DiSEqC switch doesn't appear to be working on the 625. Is this just not compatible with my setup?

Sadly, my dual tuner box does NOT let me use the Sat In ports for EACH LNB. Any way around this?

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

What is your full setup in PR I'm sure it is larger dishes than a 500?

#5 OFFLINE   Papote

Papote

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

In PR the minimum Dish size 4 feet.
I've got two 5 foot dishes for 110 and 119.

#6 OFFLINE   Papote

Papote

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:00 AM

I replaced the switch with a new ground block version DPP44, and everything is runnning fine. I opened the old switch and the rubber gasket had shrunk and there was water inside. I am trying to find an enclosure for it. Anybody know of any good enclosures for the DPP44 swich?

#7 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

Given their size, especially with wires coming in from at least two sides, you'll need something a bit bigger than the enclosures that are commonly used for satellite. What I use when I need something bigger is a metal "secondary breaker box" from Home Depot. I strip the guts out of it and just use the box itself. It's about 20x15x5".

Protected By... spam firewall...And...