Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP722 HDMI - into Denon 3808CI - Not working

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bs0

bs0

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

Hi All,
My old vip622 used to work fine, going hdmi into my denon receiver...This new vip722, i get no picture or sound...i don't think the amp even thinks there is hdmi there when i select the source as tv....i have component video going into another amp input and at least i get video on that input...

Any ideas how to fix/debug?

thanks,
BRett

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   oljim

oljim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:24 AM

Hi All,
My old vip622 used to work fine, going hdmi into my denon receiver...This new vip722, i get no picture or sound...i don't think the amp even thinks there is hdmi there when i select the source as tv....i have component video going into another amp input and at least i get video on that input...

Any ideas how to fix/debug?

thanks,
BRett

Why not feed the HDMI to TV and run optical from 722 to denon
This finger was not made to press 1 for english

#3 OFFLINE   rdopso

rdopso

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

Why not feed the HDMI to TV and run optical from 722 to denon

Yes, one can of course do that (that's the way I run my Denon 3803), but it rather defeats the purposes of having an AVR that can switch and process HDMI so one has only one HDMI going to the TV.

#4 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

This may be a matter of the sequence they were started up. Some folks have found that you need to have the TV on first, then plug in the AV receiver, and finally the DVR.

#5 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

...i don't think the amp even thinks there is hdmi there when i select the source as tv....

Brett,

What do you have the 722 set to output on HDMI? Is the Denon able to accept that resolution?

#6 OFFLINE   bigoldboy

bigoldboy

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

I suggest you keep playing with it. I just last week moved from the AVR-3303 to the AVR-4308CI (sweet machine) and if you play with it you should get it working. Don't use 1080p, start with like 480p and work up from there.

#7 OFFLINE   mikeyinokc

mikeyinokc

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

Have you tried connecting the HDMI directly from the 722 to your TV? Check to make sure the HDMI connector on the 722 isn't the problem.

#8 OFFLINE   bnewt

bnewt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

Yes, one can of course do that (that's the way I run my Denon 3803), but it rather defeats the purposes of having an AVR that can switch and process HDMI so one has only one HDMI going to the TV.

then you may face the lip sync problem

May God Guide and Guard the USA!

#9 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

then you may face the lip sync problem

Actually less likely with a 3808CI. His problem sounds like a problem with the 722. Remember he said it use to work with a 622.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#10 OFFLINE   ICBM99

ICBM99

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

....i have component video going into another amp input and at least i get video on that input...

Can you run both Component and HDMI at the same time, I've never tried it?

#11 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

ICBM99: Yes you can do that. All outputs are hot all the time.

tnsprin: Does point to a 722 problem. Possible a bad HDMI port as suggested. Could also be a difference in output on the 722 vs 622 so I would check that but definitely most likely cause is bad cable or connector on the 722. Hooking directly to the TV would also answer that question.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#12 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

ICBM99: Yes you can do that. All outputs are hot all the time.

tnsprin: Does point to a 722 problem. Possible a bad HDMI port as suggested. Could also be a difference in output on the 722 vs 622 so I would check that but definitely most likely cause is bad cable or connector on the 722. Hooking directly to the TV would also answer that question.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#13 OFFLINE   kklier

kklier

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

I have my VIP722 hooked to my Denon AVR-3806 via HDMI. Have they changed that much in two generations? No audio problems.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...