Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Remote codes for Sony Receiver

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kutchins

kutchins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully programmed the AUX key to control a Sony 2400ES A/V Receiver. I've tried the same process successfully used to control my former receiver; but none of the codes listed in the 622 Manual work. I also tried to scan the bank of codes; but, again none seems to work.

I depressed the AUX botton, hit 2, the star key, the power button and then the down key until the list was complete and I received 8 flashes.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ozzie 33

Ozzie 33

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

I have the same problem with a different type of Sony receiver. I ordered a learning remote control from Dish called the 21.0 IR/UHF PRO. It should arrive soon. Cost was $15.99 + $5.99 shipping. No returns allowed and was promised it will work. I was told it has more codes stored and if the codes don't work you can transfer by IR if you have the remote you want it to learn.

#3 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

I have frequently read that Sony receivers operate using either remote code set 1, or code set 2. You might need to search more, but searching this forum for sony remote code got me this link:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ode#post1544548
I can't recall if the DISH remote is only capable of A1 or A2 codes, but you need to change both the receiver and the Sony remote to the "other" set before the DISH remote will work. Might not even apply to you, but worth a shot.

#4 OFFLINE   kutchins

kutchins

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for the replies. It's looking like the learning remote may be the way to go. I'd be interested in learning about how/if it works when it arrives.

#5 OFFLINE   mzta9

mzta9

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

I got my Sony AVR to partially work with code 766. The volume control works with Dish's remote which was my main concern.
ViP722 Single Mode
Top 200 Silver HD Pkg
Toshiba 42XV540U 120Hz LCD
Sony HT-7200DH Home Theatre Sound System

#6 OFFLINE   kutchins

kutchins

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

I'd hoped that the 766 code would work; but, no joy.

When I pressed 2 for the aux mode for the a/v receiver and then 766 and #, it didn't even register on my remote. Back to the drawing board.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...