Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Extra 60 min for sports programs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

I have a 722 with either 616 or 617. *Sometimes* this works correctly (for the Super Bowl), and sometimes not: last night for the Sharks/Penguins game.

I know someone else noted this problem.

I am pretty sure that when I set the timer for the hockey game, that it had the extra 60 min in the lower left. But it didn't record the extra 60 min. And in fact I'm doubly sure it didn't do it correctly because it just cut off after the 2.5 hrs of the game. Didn't even get the extra 3 min after normal programs.

Anyone else having this problem?

I saw about 1 min into overtime, but I had to look it up on the internet that the Pens won the shootout. Aggravating.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

I presume the hockey game was on a RSN. Did the RSN terminate programming when the allotted time was up, so the DVR terminated recording?
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:10 AM

RSN?

It was on the Shark's normal channel here, Comcast Sport's Network or something.

I am trying again tomorrow, Sharks vs the Devils. When I set up the timer tonight, it definitely said it was going to record the extra 60 min.

Rev 616.

spam firewall