Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SELECT CHOICE

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   lmurphy

lmurphy

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

I tried dropping the MYX channel yesterday and just keep prefered choice. The csr said nothing about having to change my programming to choice so I dropped it. Then when I was looking at my online account it had switched me to choice. I called back up ASAP and had it put back the way it was with MYX & prefered choice. The csr said when you remove Int. program it automaticaly puts you in choice unless you specify a specific package.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Humnahey

Humnahey

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:57 PM

I tried dropping the MYX channel yesterday and just keep prefered choice. The csr said nothing about having to change my programming to choice so I dropped it. Then when I was looking at my online account it had switched me to choice. I called back up ASAP and had it put back the way it was with MYX & prefered choice. The csr said when you remove Int. program it automaticaly puts you in choice unless you specify a specific package.

I am not getting any of the choice channels. I also had the CSR read everything on my account with pricing and everything was correct. Maybe I just got lucky.

#23 OFFLINE   Humnahey

Humnahey

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:50 PM

I got my bill today and MYX reared it's ugly head. I had to call anyway because of another billing error and I asked the CSR to cancel MYX again. He said he did. I then recited everything that should be on my bill and he verified that I had preferred choice and no MYX.

I will see if MYX comes back next month. If it does, I am not going to go crazy because I guess you're supposed to have it in order to have the preferred choice package. Doesn't hurt to try and drop it though.

#24 OFFLINE   Humnahey

Humnahey

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:50 PM

Okay, it has been a month and I just received my Directv bill. I currently have International Preferred Choice and no MYX.

For some of you who are having trouble getting the international preferred choice + MYX combo, you might want to try again or just add another international option and see if it's possible to drop that channel add-on at a later date.

My base package for Directv costs $35.99 and includes ESPN and ESPN2 which are the two channels I was most interested in. I also wanted my RSN so I had to add on the sports pack. So my total bill with 2 HD DVRs and one standard HD receiver and HD access comes out to $72 a month. After the baseball season I will probably drop the sports pack which will put my bill around $60 a month....good deal if you ask me!

spam firewall