Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pausing Live TV issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

I can pause a show for say 10 min, come back and hit play...within 1-2 min the screen flickers and I am now on live TV. Any ideas what can be causing this? I first noticed it during the superbowl and thought it was a fluke. It has happened 3 times today while watching the daytona 500.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
Soon to be Hopper/Joey System
PS3
Wii

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

Try hitting the pause button to restart and see if it does it that way.
DirecTV HR34 - 3 HR25's
Panny 42PX77U - Slingbox Pro
tgif: let's RV

#3 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

Did that and it seems to have worked...kinda odd...BUT, forgot to mention a few things and I am not sure if this would have any berring on the situation...I was watching the Daytona 500 via OTA passing through the 622 and I was also recording the 500 at the same time on the OTA channel. So I was pausing live TV at the same time that I was recording it. I had this same set up last year for the entire NASCAR season and would pause and ff live TV while at the same time recording the same race with no problems, so unless something changed on Dish's end I don't think that would be the problem, but then again I am not so tech savy when it comes to the DVR's. I will try this again later tonight to record a show on OTA and pause the same show, then come back and hit play/pause and see what happens. I will report back my findings.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
PS3
Wii

#4 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:02 AM

Any time I want to watch something that I am also recording, I will watch the recording instead of the live channel. That is, start the recording and then from My Recordings select the program being recorded and select the Start Over button to begin watching.

I'm not sure that will make a difference in your case but it's something to try out. It would eliminate double buffering of the same live stream, if in fact the receiver does it that way.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#5 OFFLINE   eichenberg

eichenberg

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

I have 2 kids a 4 yr old and a 6 yr old...so I record stuff that I am watching live because inevitable what happens is that the 6yr old wants to watch sponge bob or a DVD, so I change the channel or put on a movie for them to watch. As you know you can only pause live TV up to 60 min and usually what they are watching is longer than that...hence recording a live program, so i can playback after the kids are done watching their stuff.

I can not reproduce the problem, so I am nto sure what happened.
Vizio SV470XVT1A
Yamaha RX-V663 DD 7.1
Dishnetwork
Vip 722k
DP 625
PS3
Wii

spam firewall