Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Local Lip Sync Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnQ

JohnQ

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFreshwater Bay Washington

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

Yep, I have some OLD RCA gear, DRD222, DRD435, & DRD450 and have a problem with the Seattle locals audio being out of sync with the Video. Doesn't seem to be a problem with any channels except the Seattle Locals. Most pronounced with the newest receiver, the 450, and the least with the oldest, the 222. Is it Seattle Locals, or are my receiver just tooooooo old???

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Rivergoat

Rivergoat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

I see it in San Francisco, too. Mainly with KGO Channel 7.

Ultimately, this is not a strong selling point for DTV...any word on cause/solution?

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,653 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

Ultimately, this is not a strong selling point for DTV...any word on cause/solution?

You're responding to a four year old post. These sorts of station-specific problems are almost always caused by problems with the local station's signal, or their uplink to DirecTV.

What model Receiver do you have? Have you tried resetting it?
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,724 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

It's not always DirecTV's fault. Just tune into CSPAN. There's always a lip sync problem. One minute the politicians are talking out of one side of their mouths, the next minute they're talking out of the other side. :sure:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#5 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,245 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

I was watching Time Warner Cable today and NY WPIX channel 11 had lip sync issues.

JACK,

#6 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

In the past when I encountered "lip-sync" issues it always appeared both on my R15's and also on my R22 which is a completely different design (actually, it's an HR-21 HD DVR).  I think these issues are non-receiver specific but are transmission issues.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

Protected By... spam firewall...And...