Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How long do they take to ship box?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   California King

California King

Legend

• Registered
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

I canceled 2 receivers almost a month ago and they said they would send me a box to ship it back. How long does it take for it to be shipped? Should I call if it doesn't come in another week or 2?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   colt

colt

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:01 AM

I was to receive 3 boxes after a receiver swap. The first csr said 7-10 days. after 10 days I called. After a bad experience with a new csr, I was told I would receive 3 boxes 2-3 days. Fedex dropped off 1 box in 3 days. I was told to put the 2 D-11s in one box and I would receive another box for an R15 in 2-3 days. This shouldn't be this much work.

#3 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:04 AM

I've had receivers turned off for a couple of years and no boxes have come.

No charges on my account for them, either.

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#4 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:27 AM

California King, I would suggest calling back. I have had this problem a couple of times when I deactivated receivers and needed to send them back.

Both times when the order was done right and the boxes were actually shipped I had an order under my "View all orders" when I login to my DIRECTV.com account. Once you click that you should see a line recently that says shipped and if you click on the order number it should say "Recovery kit".

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,882 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:33 AM

Not to be redundant but I agree Mike. You should call them.

I got mine within two days.

Let it go too long and you could wind up being charged for a non-returned receiver.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#6 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

Fedex dropped off 1 box in 3 days. I was told to put the 2 D-11s in one box and I would receive another box for an R15 in 2-3 days. This shouldn't be this much work.

colt,

Did they show receipt of both of the D-11s? I've read stories of people sending two receivers in one return kit and because there is just the one tracking number, DirecTV only showed receipt of one of the receivers.

Just a cautionary tale for others, I guess.

#7 OFFLINE   DanieBae

DanieBae

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:28 AM

You have 7 days to return it from the day the recovery kit is shipped out. If there is no recovery kit order you will not get charged a non return fee

#8 OFFLINE   Sandy

Sandy

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:31 AM

California King, I would suggest calling back. I have had this problem a couple of times when I deactivated receivers and needed to send them back.

Both times when the order was done right and the boxes were actually shipped I had an order under my "View all orders" when I login to my DIRECTV.com account. Once you click that you should see a line recently that says shipped and if you click on the order number it should say "Recovery kit".

Not to hijack this thread, but when I log on and try to "view all orders" all I get is "Sorry, we experiencing difficulty retrieving your orders. Please try again later or call 1-888-355-7530 for further assistance." I have called, they haven't fixed it. It has been this way since I switched to HD about 6 months ago.

Sandy

#9 OFFLINE   rabit ears

rabit ears

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

My most recent experience was nine months from receiver deactivation to receipt of box.

I called once a week for four weeks and when I got nothing I took the unit to my home office where I used it as a step stool to reach the top of my bookshelf and as a paperweight. It also did service as a monitor stand for a few weeks. I finally set it on the floor and proceeded to trip on it.

Nothing worked until I sent them an invoice for storage ($20 a day). :nono2: That produced several frantic phone voice mails that I didn't respond to, but I did get a return kit.

Sent it back and haven't heard a word since, been about a year.:lol:

#10 OFFLINE   dreamyip

dreamyip

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

If you have the log in online to the D* web site, you can check the tracking number of the "return box". If it is not there, it means D* has not (or forgot) process your order.
HR22-100 -> Sony KDL-52W4100 via HDMI
H21-200-> Gateway FHD2400 LCD via HDMI
H21-100 -> Sony 50" LCD via HDMI
HR24-500 - Panasonic TC-P65S2
5 LNB Slimline with Zinwell 6x8 Mulitswitch
Logitech Harmony ONE remote control

#11 OFFLINE   Bluto17

Bluto17

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:09 AM

I received a box this week, for an H20 I deactivated just a little over a month ago. I never called to follow up - it just showed up.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...