Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

WTTW Prime 11.2 Debuts March 30th

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

WTTW Prime 11.2 Debuts March 30th
Coming March 30, 2009

CHICAGO, Feb. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- On March 30, Window to the World Communications, Inc., parent company to WTTW11 and 98.7WFMT, will launch WTTW Prime, a new digital channel which will air on 11.2 for those viewers with converter boxes or over-the-air digital TVs, and through Comcast on channel 243. WTTW Prime joins WTTW11, WTTWHD, Create, and the Spanish language station, Vme.

This channel will provide a unique blend of core primetime programming from PBS to WTTW's award-winning locally produced programming. WTTW Prime's schedule will be an alternative to what viewers will see on WTTW's other channels and will include more favorites like Antiques Roadshow, Mystery and Check, Please! along with new exclusive specials and series. Friday nights will be a haven for public affairs viewers -- offering first runs of the McLaughlin Group, Now on PBS, Washington Week, Bill Moyers Journal -- in addition to Exchange with Daljit Dhaliwal and Inside Washington.

"WTTW Prime is an opportunity to showcase quality programs for adults throughout the day. From early evening premiere broadcasts of BBC World News and Nightly Business Report, to encore presentations of The Civil War, Chicago Tonight and Masterpiece, this service will provide an all-day destination for audiences that want more public television choices in Chicago. The driving force behind this channel is the WTTW viewer who has valued and enjoyed our programming for more than 50 years. We are trying to use our digital technology to serve the interests of our community," said Senior Vice President of Content Dan Soles.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,437 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:54 AM

I had an opportunity to apply for an engineering job at WTTW when both the station and I were a lot younger. I was going to be laid off at the local NBC station (then WNBQ, channel 5) along with about 35 other engineers. I'd turned down an offer from Walter Reed Army Medical Center and wound up taking a job as a field engineer for IBM (shortly thereafter, I was asked to come back to WNBQ). In retrospect, I sometimes wish I'd taken the job at WTTW. They are a class act. (Of course, my whole life would have been different -- wouldn't have met my wife or had my three great kids!)

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

spam firewall