Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D* Website Now Flashier

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

The packages section of the website has really improved. They even show what specific locals your zip code is authorized. Missing are the prices for each package. Also they do contain errors when listing some channels as being included in specific packages. The one I noticed is CNBC included in the Basic Package.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jlatham

jlatham

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

It's listing national geographic channel in the choice package yet I still don't get it.

#3 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

I hadn't looked at it lately, but it does look better. Not sure its funcionally better, since flash technology is a bit slow. Also, you would think they would be sure to have the correct channels listed in the package.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#4 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

Well, package prices will be changing soon. Perhaps there's going to be some rearranging of channels within programming tiers.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#5 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:23 AM

I have a dual core fast PC with 20Mbs service, and it's still slow. I really wish they'd provide a textual version.

#6 OFFLINE   Italia

Italia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

It still has a choice for Italian International programming. When you pull it up, it notes Italian news and soccer by purchasing Calio Direct, which equates to Fox Soccer Channel and Goltv. This is a complete joke. This means that Directv's idea of italian programming is to show Serie A games once in while in English! There isn't any italian news either. Who are they trying to fool? DishNetwork offers true Italian programming. Directv offers NONE! Directv should add the Food Network to their Italian programming line-up. I think Mario Bartolli (sp?) is on there. Maybe even add a channel that is syndicating the Soprano's. I think I just gave those genius' another idea. Hey, while your at it, let's beef up that Chinese programming....they can add the NBA Network to the Chinese package. Yao Ming is from there. Brilliant!

#7 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,930 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:11 PM

I have a dual core fast PC with 20Mbs service, and it's still slow. I really wish they'd provide a textual version.

+1, my 'fastest' PC is only a 2.4Ghz P4 single core and with all the web sites adding all these bells and whistles, my slow CPU and virus scanning these sites are becoming unusable.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#8 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

Takes forever to load their site now.

spam firewall