Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Uplink Activity for the Week of 2-18-9 ...Local HDs

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   DAFTEK

DAFTEK

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:37 AM

Still missing ABC channel KCRG in Cedar Rapids, IA. It was uplinked to 5250. Hopefully that goes live soon. But I'm just glad to have at least 2 HD local channels finally.

Station Local Channel Number Dish Channel Number CEDAR RAPIDS
ABC-KCRG 9 9155 CEDAR RAPIDS
CBS-KGAN 2 9156 CEDAR RAPIDS
FOX-KFXA 28 9158 CEDAR RAPIDS
ION - KPXR 48 9162 CEDAR RAPIDS
MNT-KWKB 20 9159 CEDAR RAPIDS
NBC-KWWL 7 9157 CEDAR RAPIDS
PBS-KDIN 32 9161 CEDAR RAPIDS
CBS-KGAN IN HD 2 5251 CEDAR RAPIDS
FOX - KFXA IN HD 28 5253 CEDAR RAPIDS

Dish Network DVR-722 Dish-1000.2

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   TUKIN18S

TUKIN18S

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

Station Local Channel Number Dish Channel Number CEDAR RAPIDS
ABC-KCRG 9 9155 CEDAR RAPIDS
CBS-KGAN 2 9156 CEDAR RAPIDS
FOX-KFXA 28 9158 CEDAR RAPIDS
ION - KPXR 48 9162 CEDAR RAPIDS
MNT-KWKB 20 9159 CEDAR RAPIDS
NBC-KWWL 7 9157 CEDAR RAPIDS
PBS-KDIN 32 9161 CEDAR RAPIDS
CBS-KGAN IN HD 2 5251 CEDAR RAPIDS
FOX - KFXA IN HD 28 5253 CEDAR RAPIDS

?

In the uplink a few weeks ago KCRG was listed as 5250. Maybe they haven't gotten an agreement yet with them. I know that KFXA and KGAN are owned by the same company and have the same news anchors for their nightly news.

#43 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:46 PM

Slate with different colors is up on 374.

#44 OFFLINE   TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:57 AM

?

In the uplink a few weeks ago KCRG was listed as 5250. Maybe they haven't gotten an agreement yet with them. I know that KFXA and KGAN are owned by the same company and have the same news anchors for their nightly news.

Here's a repeat of my posting on AVS Forum regarding KCRG-HD and Dish.
KCRG is trying to get Dish to retransmit their HD feed. Here's the response I got from John Phalen, KCRG Station Manager.

About a month ago I had heard that Dish Network was telling people that they would launch local HD service here on 2/18. I have left several messages for David Moskowitz, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, who’s signature is on our current analog retransmission agreement. He has never returned an of my calls.

Earlier this week we received a copy of an email from a Dish Network employee sent to their local distributors indicating that they were launching HD here and it included KCRG. I responded to the person who had issued the email and asked how they were able to do that without our consent. She admitted that they had misinformed their distributors and that KCRG should not have been included. When I asked her why I had not heard from anyone regarding our digital signal she referred me to another person. This individual stated that they were launching only with the stations with whom they had already negotiated digital retransmission agreements (KGAN, KFXA) and that they would wait to negotiate with the rest of us until our current analog agreements expire. In our case that is December 31, 2009. When I asked if they would be interested in negotiating with us now, they said no.

I also plan on continuing the dialog with Dish Network regarding not waiting till December. I am ready and willing to negotiate now.

Regards,
John Phelan

#45 OFFLINE   TUKIN18S

TUKIN18S

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

Here's a repeat of my posting on AVS Forum regarding KCRG-HD and Dish.
KCRG is trying to get Dish to retransmit their HD feed. Here's the response I got from John Phalen, KCRG Station Manager.

About a month ago I had heard that Dish Network was telling people that they would launch local HD service here on 2/18. I have left several messages for David Moskowitz, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, who’s signature is on our current analog retransmission agreement. He has never returned an of my calls.

Earlier this week we received a copy of an email from a Dish Network employee sent to their local distributors indicating that they were launching HD here and it included KCRG. I responded to the person who had issued the email and asked how they were able to do that without our consent. She admitted that they had misinformed their distributors and that KCRG should not have been included. When I asked her why I had not heard from anyone regarding our digital signal she referred me to another person. This individual stated that they were launching only with the stations with whom they had already negotiated digital retransmission agreements (KGAN, KFXA) and that they would wait to negotiate with the rest of us until our current analog agreements expire. In our case that is December 31, 2009. When I asked if they would be interested in negotiating with us now, they said no.

I also plan on continuing the dialog with Dish Network regarding not waiting till December. I am ready and willing to negotiate now.

Regards,
John Phelan

That sucks, I hope Dish gets them going. Thanks for that info. At least I now know what's going on. What about KWWL?

#46 OFFLINE   david_jr

david_jr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

I checked my guide this morning. Still no WXXA HD:mad:

It's live and lit up now!!:D

#47 OFFLINE   no one in particular

no one in particular

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

Still missing WXXA Albany, NY and WSYR Syracuse, NY.

WSYR Syracuse show'd up yesterday.

Good thing too, at 50 miles away, OTA signal is real weak. Normally only aobut 55%. It wasn't in time for the Oscars, but in plenty of time for this week's Lost.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...