Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv is improving customer service and I apreciate it

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bnglbill

bnglbill

Icon

• Registered
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:16 AM

My DVR died about a week ago, after some testing, I was pretty sure it was the HD. I called Directv and got through to a csr who did some things and finally agreed with me that it was the HD. He then said, "I have to get you to Case Management". He said that a case manager would call me back within 2 hrs. Of course I'm thinking, great, here we go again, I'm going to wait and wait and no one is going to call me. To my surprise, someone got back to me with in 1 hr. He said, "I'm going to be your case manager, it looks like you may have a bad HD..." He then made sure that I had been through all of the troubleshooting, etc. Then he asked what I wanted him to do, have a tech come out or just ship the DVR. I said ship it but I then explained how I was going to have a problem because I have OTA, he said "no problem, what model dvr are you using?" I said "an hr20-700", he said, "ok, I'll send you an HR20-700". Of course this was the point where I'm thinking that this guy doesn't have a clue, we all know that they have no way of guaranteeing the model so I question him. He said, "that's the great thing about this whole case management thing, we have the ability to get you the receiver that you need and follow up along the way to make sure that everything goes smoothly". Any way, of course I doubted this but we finished up, he gave me the direct number for case mgt and a pin to get right through without waiting. Sure enough, 2 days later I got the receive and lo and behold, it was a HR20-700. I got it all set up, called Directv, got right through without waiting and got it activated and never looked back. The next day my case manager called to check on how it was going, I said great and he said "fine, we'll keep the case open for a week and I'll call you then to see how it is going before I close it".

This is probably the best response that I have ever gotten from Directv, it is clear that they are working on their customer service.

WAY TO GO DIRECTV, GOOD JOB, THANK YOU FOR LISTENING.:hurah::hurah::hurah::hurah:
Bill
----------------------
My Setup
-----------------------

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,953 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:41 AM

They system does work. :D

Thanks for the update Bill.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#3 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:02 AM

Same here. I'm in the midst of an issue that is being handled by Case Management as well. They called within 2 hours, then followed up 2 days later with an update. Unfortunately, the second refurb'd unit sent to me was defective as well, but through no fault of theirs. I'm expecting another follow-up call today or tomorrow with a new tracking #.

Fortunately, I've got 6 other D* boxes in the house, so my issue is not a terrible inconvenience. /steve
/steve

#4 OFFLINE   davemayo

davemayo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:05 AM

This is certainly encouraging. Hopefully we'll see more posts like the OP in the coming months.
Go Hoos!

#5 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:03 AM

its not generally reported but case management does have ability to check specific models and order accordingly. this is per case management during my last exchange, the rep said they are only dept that can do that and 1 of the driving factors for this was the ota and having to give away am21 units.
Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#6 OFFLINE   jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,014 posts
  • LocationManchester NH

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:11 AM

I had a great experience last month (1/15).
called to retire 1 box and activate another.
total phone time < 4 minutes !
Rep was friendly on the phone.
Last summer a diffrent story 4 times to cancel auto renew on NFL-ST.But thats discussion in another thread.
So hopefully D* will continue to make improvements to better everyone.
Jimmy

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

When I had to have my HR20-100 replaced a few weeks ago I went thru Case Management as well. They asked if I used the OTA, I said yes, and I got an HR20-700 as well.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 OFFLINE   Kogs

Kogs

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:38 AM

A few weeks ago i had a dvr problem with my r16-300 and was sent to case managment. i made a comment about getting an r22 and low and behold they sent me a r22-200.

#9 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:22 AM

Is it at the CSR's discretion whether you deal with case management or not? I've never heard of this department and have spent hours in the past being transferred from department to department while trying to get what I considered rather minor problems straightened out.
When news breaks...we fix it.

#10 ONLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

Is it at the CSR's discretion whether you deal with case management or not? I've never heard of this department and have spent hours in the past being transferred from department to department while trying to get what I considered rather minor problems straightened out.

Case Management is relatively new (1-2 years) so it's not completely surprising that you haven't dealt with them directly. Usually there are certain circumstances that trigger this action (although I don't know what those are specifically). As we hear more and more about the group, it's clear that they are becoming a more integral part of the solution.

Great to hear the the OP had a good experience.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#11 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,156 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

Case Management is relatively new (1-2 years) so it's not completely surprising that you haven't dealt with them directly.

In that time frame I've definitely had a less than trivial problem that should have qualified for this department...hence my question.
When news breaks...we fix it.

#12 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,661 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:18 PM

Case Management is relatively new (1-2 years) so it's not completely surprising that you haven't dealt with them directly. Usually there are certain circumstances that trigger this action (although I don't know what those are specifically).

In my case, it was after spending about an hour on the phone with the first CSR, trying various and sundry things to address my issue. When we exhausted everything that CSR was scripted to take me through, my problem was then "e-mailed" to case management.

I'll admit I was apprehensive when the CSR said they'd be calling me in a couple of hours, but someone did get back to me in less than 3 hours. That was a distinct improvement over a call I had last year. I also had an issue that had to go to case management at that time, but after 3 days of not hearing from anyone, I finally had to call customer retention to get someone's attention. /steve
/steve

#13 OFFLINE   bnglbill

bnglbill

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

In that time frame I've definitely had a less than trivial problem that should have qualified for this department...hence my question.

The only thing that I can think of that may have triggered the immediate escalation was that I had a problem in September and it took three visits before the tech realized they had to realign the dish and got it fixed. I was pretty ticked off about that so maybe it was noted somehow or maybe it's just a regular thing that they do now when a receiver needs to be replaced.
Bill
----------------------
My Setup
-----------------------

Protected By... spam firewall...And...