Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Should I get FSN with my package?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rajeshh

rajeshh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hello,
I have International Programming. Up until Sep 2008, I was on the Basic package for $9.99 and I would get FSN NW ( and at that time the FSN NW HD wasnt 24 hours). Somewhere around the time when FSN NW became a 24 hour HD channel, I also happened to change to Preferred Choice and noticed I would get the "Not subscribed" error message. I don't remember now if I had moved off the Basic package first or the switch to the 24 hour happened first. So I have been curious if I was somehow grandfathered in my old package, or grandfathered when it was not a 24 hour channel yet.

When I use the link on directv that says which RSNs should show in my area, it says:

"With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or FAMILIAR or above): "

Does anyone know? I haven't bothered calling DirecTV because I won't trust their CS's response.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Italia

Italia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:13 AM

I think you should be receiving this channel based on what you said. Try it this morning to see if it's working. My thought is, based on this message, you tried watching an event that was on a sports package (NBA League Pass, or ESPN College Basketball package). If you are not subsribed to one of those and that particular game was on that package, you would would get that message if you are not subscribed to that package. Perhaps someone else might have a better idea why you are not getting this?

#3 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:30 AM

I have the International package, with just the Basic package @$9.99 (going up to $12.99 March 4). The Basic package does not include a RSN. I also had the Preferred Choice @$32.99 and it also did not include a RSN. Strange, as the Family package @$29.99 did include a RSN.

If you really want that FSN channel, maybe its cheaper to just get the Sports Pack, instead of the more expensive Choice $49.99+ packages.

Edited by ronsanjim, 20 February 2009 - 08:36 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:42 AM

I have the International package, with just the Basic package @$9.99 (going up to $12.99 March 4). The Basic package does not include a RSN. I also had the Preferred Choice @$32.99 and it also did not include a RSN. Strange, as the Family package @$29.99 did include a RSN.

If you really want that FSN channel, maybe its cheaper to just get the Sports Pack, instead of the more expensive Choice $49.99+ packages.

If you do that will some games still be blacked out?

#5 OFFLINE   whitepelican

whitepelican

Godfather

• Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

The Family Package does not include an RSN either.

#6 OFFLINE   rajeshh

rajeshh

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Thanks all. the message does say "FAMILIAR and above"..I presume thats really FAMILY?
Anyways, the Sports pack is a good option..I mostly need this during baseball season ( I realize games on other channels will be blacked out if I dont have MLB-EI)

#7 OFFLINE   whitepelican

whitepelican

Godfather

• Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

Thanks all. the message does say "FAMILIAR and above"..I presume thats really FAMILY?

No, FAMILIAR is a Spanish language package, and it is not equal to the English language package FAMILY. FAMILIAR includes ESPN (and until recently ESPN2) & RSNs, but FAMILY doesn't include any of those channels.

spam firewall