Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

EIGHT TVS?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

The normal maximum is 20 receivers per account, but commercial accounts can exceed this with the proper paperwork, which must be processed in advanced and takes a few days at least.

Having said that, more than 10 receivers on an account usually requires an FSM from the HSP to physically go to the home to account for the receivers.

I did work on a (minor) celebrity's house in Ventura. He had 14 receivers and a Platinum account. At the time, Platinum was $7500/year, and the receivers were completely unlocked. Every PPV, every premium, everything except out of market locals was included.

That would be Titanium :)

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:44 AM

Dish lines to 4 four-way splitters. Two WB68s and Two SWMs. Works great, strong signals all around. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Same exact setup that i have:)

#23 OFFLINE   doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop

Godfather

• Registered
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:45 AM

Same exact setup that i have:)

Not that I'll be needing a 4 way split in the forseeable future, but what splitters are they and where do you get them? I don't see any currently available at solidsignal.

Is it the eagle aspen at summitsource?

Edited by doctrsnoop, 21 February 2009 - 11:47 AM.
Maybe I answered my own question?

5 - HR22-100 4 via regular ethernet, 1 via DECA, 2 HR21-700 networked via regular ethernet, HR21-100 networked via DECA, H25-500
R15-500 Inactive, H20-600 (ECO 2.0) inactive,D11 (Humax LD2060) inactive
Slimline 5 w/ SWM8 parallel w/ SWM16 w/DECA

#24 OFFLINE   tgater

tgater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:15 PM

I have eight sets, with one opne port on the 6X16 switch.

#25 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

That would be Titanium :)

Duh. Yeah, that's what I meant. Hey, it was over 3 (4?) years ago and he was only the second person who had Titanium... :grin:

#26 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

Not that I'll be needing a 4 way split in the forseeable future, but what splitters are they and where do you get them? I don't see any currently available at solidsignal.

Lowes/Depot have them. Look for the very wideband splitters 2MHz to 2300MHz (or something like that.)

Couple of sites have them too, for less, but the ability to pick them up right now was pretty helpful. :)

Cheers,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#27 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

I am using the Directv branded SWS series splitters for the Sat split. I also use the Holland branded STS series, Skywalker, and Sonora splitters too.

#28 OFFLINE   BKC

BKC

Icon

• Banned User
  • 682 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

I bet DTV sends some of you nuts a Christmas card Posted Image

Protected By... spam firewall...And...