Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D* Website Problems

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

I like alot of others are without locals from D*. The site changed about 2 weeks ago and now there is a new local channel lookup tool. The new tool says that I am able to get locals from D* but when I would log into my account to upgrade my package it would say that locals are not available. Earlier today I noticed that when I logged in and looked at changing my package it said that locals were available in my area. I upgraded to Plus HD DVR With Locals. I reauthorized the cards and rebooted my recievers but the local channels did not appear.

I had to call and ask them about it this morning and of course they say that my area does not have locals. This was a little frustrating. Way to give people false hope. Also for some reason the site has changed it to me getting a paper bill again for no reason. So in the last 2 weeks basically the site has not really worked very good for me at all. All they say is sorry. From someone who really wants locals, was excited the site said I could get them and it let me upgrade, this is not very cool to just tease me. Come on D* I expect better then that from you.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   raoul5788

raoul5788

• Registered
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

I like alot of others are without locals from D*. The site changed about 2 weeks ago and now there is a new local channel lookup tool. The new tool says that I am able to get locals from D* but when I would log into my account to upgrade my package it would say that locals are not available. Earlier today I noticed that when I logged in and looked at changing my package it said that locals were available in my area. I upgraded to Plus HD DVR With Locals. I reauthorized the cards and rebooted my recievers but the local channels did not appear.

I had to call and ask them about it this morning and of course they say that my area does not have locals. This was a little frustrating. Way to give people false hope. Also for some reason the site has changed it to me getting a paper bill again for no reason. So in the last 2 weeks basically the site has not really worked very good for me at all. All they say is sorry. From someone who really wants locals, was excited the site said I could get them and it let me upgrade, this is not very cool to just tease me. Come on D* I expect better then that from you.

According to the look up tool, Craig county gets locals, but Ottawa county doesn't. Which one do you live in?

#3 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:22 AM

According to the look up tool, Craig county gets locals, but Ottawa county doesn't. Which one do you live in?

I live in Ottawa County. I just used the new look up tool again and it still shows that I have locals avbailable to me in my area. I am using the one under HD, HD Channels, locals, then at the bottom of the page is a look up tool. I just logged into look if I upgrade and it still says that all packages have locals included. Man this is getting old. Talk about not being fair to someone that dont get locals. How about they just keep telling me they are and allow me to upgrade my package only to then tell me in person that I am not able to get them. Its great.

#4 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

I live in Ottawa County. I just used the new look up tool again and it still shows that I have locals avbailable to me in my area. I am using the one under HD, HD Channels, locals, then at the bottom of the page is a look up tool. I just logged into look if I upgrade and it still says that all packages have locals included. Man this is getting old. Talk about not being fair to someone that dont get locals. How about they just keep telling me they are and allow me to upgrade my package only to then tell me in person that I am not able to get them. Its great.

This might be pilot error. Under "HD>HD Channels>Local" there is a lookup tool at the bottom of the page. After you select the tool, you see the zip code on the right hand side, above the "Premier" package, click on "change". This will enable a pop up. Then select your county, and "continue". You will see as was previously stated that there are no locals in Ottawa county. If you don't select the county, then yes, locals will appear for your zip code, 74354, because they are available in Craig county.

Hope that helps.:)

#5 OFFLINE   raoul5788

raoul5788

• Registered
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

Are you using the correct link? Here is the one I used:http://www.directv.c...?assetId=900018

#6 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

This might be pilot error. Under "HD>HD Channels>Local" there is a lookup tool at the bottom of the page. After you select the tool, you see the zip code on the right hand side, above the "Premier" package, click on "change". This will enable a pop up. Then select your county, and "continue". You will see as was previously stated that there are no locals in Ottawa county. If you don't select the county, then yes, locals will appear for your zip code, 74354, because they are available in Craig county.

Hope that helps.:)

Its not pilot error. I have checked it every day for 2 weeks. Everytime it says they are available for my county. When I had the CSR do it, she had to be logged into her own account. Once she was and did the same things I did she got the same results to. Also I am still able to log into my account and go to change package, where all are listed WITH LOCALS.

Edited by joshjr, 22 February 2009 - 08:15 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

Are you using the correct link? Here is the one I used:http://www.directv.c...?assetId=900018

This is the old tool not the new one.

#8 OFFLINE   raoul5788

raoul5788

• Registered
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:40 AM

This is the old tool not the new one.

Perhaps their database is incorrect then. They may have your address in the wrong county. Just a guess.

#9 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:51 AM

Perhaps their database is incorrect then. They may have your address in the wrong county. Just a guess.

Well I am gonna wait a month and try it again and if it still lets me upgrade with locals then I am gonna insist on some credits. Its not nice to tease us without locals.

#10 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:55 AM

Well I am gonna wait a month and try it again and if it still lets me upgrade with locals then I am gonna insist on some credits. Its not nice to tease us without locals.

Well here is the latest. The web site is not fixed still. I was again able to upgrade my package to include the locals. It more of a problem then that. I can not change my package online at all now without it going to a packge that does not inculde locals which I can not get but they would be happy to take my extra $3 a month.

The Vice President of Customer Service rep I spoke to said that I needed to call to change my package now since I know this is an issue even if its not fixed within the next 20 years I still need to call instead of use the web site. I deemed that unacceptable.

Another problem is that they (DirecTV) use the old channel look up tool and not the new one. You can get to the old one if you know the exact web link. I dont so I use the one provided on the website now. If I am logged in it says locals are available. Today I said just changing me back to my old package was not good enough since its not a problem on my end. The lady gave me a choice of a once time $10 credit or 3 months free of any premium I wanted. I chose Starz but she also said I can never be compensated for it again no matter how long the site is wrong lol.

My point to her and her boss was there is no way for me to know when its accurate and when its not. I should be able to trust the site 24/7. If anyone knows a contact higher then the Vice President of Customer Service I would appreciate it as they do not seem interested in fixing the issue. Since I really want locals it makes it worse the site says I can get them and DirecTV says I can't.

#11 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:21 PM

Call in and ask them what county is listed on your address in their system. Chances are it's incorrect.

#12 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

Call in and ask them what county is listed on your address in their system. Chances are it's incorrect.

If they had me listed in the wrong county then I could get locals. If they have me in the correct them I can not get them according to DirecTV. Oh and I did confirm my zip code with them on the phone and county.

#13 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:14 PM

Its been a month so I thought I would update this. Basically I still have the same problems. The web site local channel lookup tool still says locals are available to me. I confirmed that with Bobby Vernon at DirecTV today. He responded to my email to the CEO Chase Casey. Also when clicking on change package all packages still all say includes locals even though the reps tell me they are not.

After filing a complaint with the BBB that did not help and complaints also with the FCC and the Attorney General in California I came accross the CEO's email yesterday. Now that Bobby is working on it, it feels like its going somewhere.

Anyone that does not get locals that changes their main package via the web site make sure you look or else there is a chance you will get charged $3 more a month for channels you dont get. It appears to be an issue where one zip code has 2 counties in it that DirecTV provides locals to one and not the other. This could be the case all over the US. Make sure you look or you could pay and extra $3 a month and never know. I will update this again when I get more feedback from either Bobby Vernon or the FCC or Attorney General complaints.

#14 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

Hopefully the AG places this complaint in file 13, where it belongs.

Though I do hope that Mr Vernon can help you address your concerns.
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#15 OFFLINE   Villager

Villager

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

In a similar vein, the website "lookup" tool says that I should be receiving 4 RSN's in my zipcode. I receive 2. DirecTV has confirmed in writing that I should get 4, but they can't seem to activate the system to provide the service that they say I should be getting. It seems to me that more than one database is in use, and these have different content.

#16 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 23 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

In a similar vein, the website "lookup" tool says that I should be receiving 4 RSN's in my zipcode. I receive 2. DirecTV has confirmed in writing that I should get 4, but they can't seem to activate the system to provide the service that they say I should be getting. It seems to me that more than one database is in use, and these have different content.

Have you called the Vice President of Customer Service's office for assistance? They are very helpful for most things and pretty knowledgable. I know I hope they get my issue fixed and soon.

#17 OFFLINE   Villager

Villager

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 04:29 PM

They claim that they have "escalated" the problem, and asked me to wait about 72 hours to see if they have corrected the problem. I'll contact them next week if the problem hasn't cleared up.

#18 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

They claim that they have "escalated" the problem, and asked me to wait about 72 hours to see if they have corrected the problem. I'll contact them next week if the problem hasn't cleared up.

Thats better then what I got. They told me that it would be Q3 at the earliest lol.

spam firewall