Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2 HDTV's, 2 SDTV's

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sooner02

sooner02

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

I need help figuring out how to set up 2 HD tv's and 2 standard (bedroom) tv's with Dish. I think I can do this with two dual-tuner boxes (like vip722), but not sure exactly how it's going to transmit the second tuner to another room.

Will the signal just feed back out of the box back through the cable jack wiring and be able to be picked up on an SD via cable jack in a bedroom? Can this be done with two dual-tuner boxes all on the same wiring? So one box transmits on one channel and the second box on another channel, then tune each SD tv to those channels? I'm a little new and confused at this, thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   matthewb80

matthewb80

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

As a new customer i think dish will charge you extra upfront for 2 722's but the bonus is that you would have dvr capability at all 4 locations. You can install with existing wiring using diplexers at the rear of receiver and in the wiring junction area (ie. basement, attic, outside). Your other option would be to get 2 612's and 1 322, I believe this option is free upfront for new customers. The only difference is the two sd tv's would not have dvr capability. Hope this helps

#3 OFFLINE   sooner02

sooner02

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

As a new customer i think dish will charge you extra upfront for 2 722's but the bonus is that you would have dvr capability at all 4 locations. You can install with existing wiring using diplexers at the rear of receiver and in the wiring junction area (ie. basement, attic, outside). Your other option would be to get 2 612's and 1 322, I believe this option is free upfront for new customers. The only difference is the two sd tv's would not have dvr capability. Hope this helps

I'm an existing customer and moving, but adding 1 HD and 1 SD tv. Right now I have 1 HD and 1 SD with a 722. What are my options and costs to adding a receiver(s) for one more HD and SD tv?

#4 OFFLINE   kpaustin

kpaustin

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

I have two 622s. I bought the second 622 online (I think it was around $200) and returned the 2nd receiver Dish had sent me, a 211 I think. I have a pretty extensive Coax routing system thoughout the house...but as mentioned you can use diplexers to join and split Sat and TV out signals...and there are also things like signal combiners which can combine, say channel 3 with other channels on a coax. Then split that and tune each remote TV to the appropriate channel. BTW, I had a problem with the purchased 622, but I guess by having DHPP on my account Dish simply said they would replace it, no questions asked (after they determined it was a receiver issue - it kept rebooting over and over). I pay an extra $12 for the extra DVR receiver ($7 + $5) per month. Hope that helps.

#5 OFFLINE   sooner02

sooner02

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

I have two 622s. I bought the second 622 online (I think it was around $200) and returned the 2nd receiver Dish had sent me, a 211 I think. I have a pretty extensive Coax routing system thoughout the house...but as mentioned you can use diplexers to join and split Sat and TV out signals...and there are also things like signal combiners which can combine, say channel 3 with other channels on a coax. Then split that and tune each remote TV to the appropriate channel. BTW, I had a problem with the purchased 622, but I guess by having DHPP on my account Dish simply said they would replace it, no questions asked (after they determined it was a receiver issue - it kept rebooting over and over). I pay an extra $12 for the extra DVR receiver ($7 + $5) per month. Hope that helps.

So you have to pay extra per month for extra receivers whether or not you bought it yourself? You're paying for the activation rather than the leasing?

#6 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:33 AM

So you have to pay extra per month for extra receivers whether or not you bought it yourself? You're paying for the activation rather than the leasing?

Yes, if you own the receivers it is a mirrioring fee. If you lease it is a lease fee. They are they same price so that is why there is no advantage to pruchasing your own equipment except for getting out of having a contract. Which can be done for new customers for an extra $50 activation fee with leased equipment so, really their is no advantage to a new customer to buy their equipment.
Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

#7 OFFLINE   tymekeeper

tymekeeper

Legend

• Registered
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

I too have a lot of pre wired RG6 cable. I use the TV 2 output and a antenna connected to a plane old splitter ( no diplexors ) and output to the other TV's. It seems to work just fine. Not long runs 25 feet or so.

#8 OFFLINE   sooner02

sooner02

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:11 PM

I too have a lot of pre wired RG6 cable. I use the TV 2 output and a antenna connected to a plane old splitter ( no diplexors ) and output to the other TV's. It seems to work just fine. Not long runs 25 feet or so.

Do you do this with two receivers so you're outputting two different TV2s?

#9 OFFLINE   scoobyxj

scoobyxj

Godfather

• Registered
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

Any HD dual tuner receiver will do what you're wanting. The tech will do one of several things.
1. Tone out the the SD jack locations and connect them to their corresponding Diplexers from each receiver.

2. Re-cable each HD receiver location with dual cable, and then tone out each SD jack location to connect them to the TV2 back feed in the dual cable coming from each receiver.

3. New-cable each Receiver location, and connect TV2 to the existing coax already in place. Set the receivers modulated output to separate channels from each other, or tone out all four lines, and use barrel connectors to tie the corresponding TV2 locations to there TV2 back feeds.

#10 OFFLINE   sooner02

sooner02

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

I just talked to a CSR about moving and adding a receiver and she said it would cost $100 upfront for a 622, $125 for a 722, or $100 for a 222, plus a 2-year contract renewal. I haven't heard about having to pay an upfront fee for a new receiver, is this right considering I have their home protection plan for free moving?

#11 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

Yes. The protection plan only includes your existing equipment, not anything you add. It is including a $50 credit Dish is offering for upgrading on a move.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#12 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:06 PM

Home protection plan is a purchased warranty of sort, not a free upgrade subscription.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#13 OFFLINE   sooner02

sooner02

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

Ok, I talked to another and it is $100 with the $50 credit. The first should've mentioned that.

spam firewall