Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question about NHL Network on Platinum HD vs. Multi Sport pack

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dda0002

dda0002

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:18 PM

Looks like the NHL network is listed on both packages. With the Multisport pack, would it also include the NHLN in HD?

For me, I don't see much in the platinum package that is worth it other than the NHLN. Is there anything on Universal, MGM, or HDNet Movies that really increases the packages value?

I ask because there is an offer listed on my account for 3 months of the Platinum package, but other than the NHLN, I think I would watch much, much more out of the multi sport package.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 324 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:25 AM

"With the Multisport pack, would it also include the NHLN in HD?"

Yes it would.

"Is there anything on Universal, MGM, or HDNet Movies that really increases the packages value?"

Depends on your taste in films. Those channels, especially HDNet Movies, always show the films in their original aspect ratio unlike some Premium Channels (STARZ, CINEMAX, ...) where it may or may not be for 2.35:1 aspect ratio films. Proper presentation is important to me.

"I think I would watch much, much more out of the multi sport package."

Pro sports (MLB, NHL, NBA) are blacked out if they are outside of your RSN (determined by your zip code). You may need to subscribe to Classic Bronze 100 Plus (as a minimum) in order to have the Multi Sport Pack added. Try it for 6 months and see if you like it. You can always drop it later. :)

#3 OFFLINE   gopherscot

gopherscot

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

"With the Multisport pack, would it also include the NHLN in HD?"

Yes it would.

"Is there anything on Universal, MGM, or HDNet Movies that really increases the packages value?"

Depends on your taste in films. Those channels, especially HDNet Movies, always show the films in their original aspect ratio unlike some Premium Channels (STARZ, CINEMAX, ...) where it may or may not be for 2.35:1 aspect ratio films. Proper presentation is important to me.

"I think I would watch much, much more out of the multi sport package."

Pro sports (MLB, NHL, NBA) are blacked out if they are outside of your RSN (determined by your zip code). You may need to subscribe to Classic Bronze 100 Plus (as a minimum) in order to have the Multi Sport Pack added. Try it for 6 months and see if you like it. You can always drop it later. :)

Are you sure? I had this issue with NBA TV and I only got the SD channel with the multi sports package.

#4 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 324 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

Are you sure? I had this issue with NBA TV and I only got the SD channel with the multi sports package.

You are "supposed to" get it according to the web site:

http://www.dishnetwo...ack=multiSports

However, the way they're changing packages around lately, there may be different constraints in place now (than what was in the past) for "what" shows up "where" in HD "now". :(

Classic Silver 200 + SilverHD + MultiSports + PlatinumHD has been my setup for nearly 2 years now (of course some of the names have changed). Never a problem getting an HD feed when one was activated/available (NBA TV or NHL Network).

#5 OFFLINE   commodore_dude

commodore_dude

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

When I got Dish last weekend, I didn't get NHLN and NBATV in HD until I added the free PlatinumHD 3 month trial, I had already added the Multisport package. I'm fairly certain that after 3 months I'm going to drop PlatinumHD, so if I lose NHLN and NBATV HD at that point I'll probably call and check on it...

#6 OFFLINE   gopherscot

gopherscot

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:00 PM

You are "supposed to" get it according to the web site:

http://www.dishnetwo...ack=multiSports

However, the way they're changing packages around lately, there may be different constraints in place now (than what was in the past) for "what" shows up "where" in HD "now". :(

Classic Silver 200 + SilverHD + MultiSports + PlatinumHD has been my setup for nearly 2 years now (of course some of the names have changed). Never a problem getting an HD feed when one was activated/available (NBA TV or NHL Network).

I complained to Dish that the pack should carry NBA -HD but they told me it was only available with Platinum-HD. I was getting really irritated because the multi-sports pack shows NBA-HD on their list. All I got was the SD NBA TV. Typical Dish .... they have exceptions to every rule!

spam firewall