Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirectTV D11 help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tempnexus

tempnexus

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

My parents have DirectTV with D11 box, it's ouput is connected to a Sony STR-DE835 receiver. EVerything worked fine untill recently when they called DTV to downgrade their service (turn off HBO). DTV I presume set out a reset command to the DTV box and it reset it back to defaults. Now they can see the picture but don't hear any sound, the Sony STR-DE835 says UNLOCK when they switch on the TV options, which mostly means that it is not receiving any audio signal on that channel...ergo DTV D11 box is not feeding the signal through audio out.
I am 500 miles away so I can't set it up myself, now I went and downloaded the D11 manual which had an option for ADvanced Audio and Dolby Digital ON/OFF option, however this menu is apparently no longer part of DTV box. When I instruct them to go to that menu, they say that it's not there, the menu options have changed from the time the manual was printed.
Now how do I go about restoring the D11 audio out options?
Help please.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Registered
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

Upgrading or downgrading your subscriptions has NOTHING to do with your audio. It is very obvious that either a cable has come loose between the reciever and the a/v reciever OR the a/v reciever setting has been changed.

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,484 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:49 AM

First thing they should try is resetting the Receiver using the red reset button behind the front panel access card door.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

D11s don't have digital audio outputs, so the AV receiver should be getting sound from the red and white RCA cables. Based on the "Unlock" display on the AV receiver, maybe someone switched the AV receiver to try to use digital audio when the SAT input is selected. The solution would be to switch SAT back to using analog audio.

spam firewall