Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Boxee TV

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

http://www.boxee.tv/

Enjoy, not available for windows yet but will be soon.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Peapod

Peapod

Godfather

• Registered
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

http://www.boxee.tv/

Enjoy, not available for windows yet but will be soon.

I have been running this on my Mac Mini hooked up to my tv since maybe November? and LOVE it. Highly recommended. The windows version is currently in a closed alpha, but I think you can still put your name on a waiting list to get it.

#3 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:38 PM

Yeah I would use this if they could make an extender pluging available via windows media center. Still looking for a viable option for hulu via the xbox. I cant get hulu to work well enough to warrant paying for it. Im sure its because I am running a 1.8ghz pc and that is the bare minimum to use hulu. Ahhh well, one day i will be able to afford a new computer.

#4 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:11 AM

There is a version of Windows in the works...it's in alpha now. You can sign up to be part of the testing.

#5 OFFLINE   Peapod

Peapod

Godfather

• Registered
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

Yeah I would use this if they could make an extender pluging available via windows media center. Still looking for a viable option for hulu via the xbox. I cant get hulu to work well enough to warrant paying for it. Im sure its because I am running a 1.8ghz pc and that is the bare minimum to use hulu. Ahhh well, one day i will be able to afford a new computer.

It's not meant to be a device that streams to other devices, it's intended as an endpoint device. I don't think it will ever serve content to downstream devices.

#6 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,339 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

Boxee on the Mac, mini or other, is really nice. I've enjoyed it a lot.

But I really wanted it for my Apple TV, and it is available, just not very good on the ATV. It is jittery both in getting internet video/audio content direct, or in attaching to the Playon Media server.

And it is the ATV that is the problem as streams to any other device on my network work smoothly. At this point in time, boxee is a really nice test of concept for the ATV, but not a practical product, imo.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#7 OFFLINE   cnmsales

cnmsales

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

FYI this is now available for windows. I got to say its pretty darn bad. I wish my PC could use it. I need new hardware. When adding your own media if you have the files names right it will go out and get the cover art for you and everything. Pretty sweet.

#8 OFFLINE   bertjo44

bertjo44

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:17 AM

Good, another reason to get going on my HTPC build. Thanks for the info.

#9 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 623 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:44 AM

I put it on two PCs. One works great the other won't play streaming content. Work in progress.
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

Protected By... spam firewall...And...