Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2 RF Remotes on same Receiver?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RonH

RonH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

I have my Bedroom TV and DirecTv receiver running with the RC64R remote in RF mode. I want to add a 2nd RC64R remote to run the same receiver but have it also control my Hot Tub TV(On/Off,Vol.). Can this be done?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BGreen965

BGreen965

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

Yes- Just make sure to program both remotes to the same receiver code and they will work just fine. The receiver doesn't talk back to the remote so there is no reason why 2 or 12 wouldn't work.
- DirecTV (since 2005) // AU9 // SWM // Diplexed Charter
2 HR20-700, 2 HR21, 2 H20-600
My Site: SailingForums.com

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,642 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:40 AM

I have my Bedroom TV and DirecTv receiver running with the RC64R remote in RF mode. I want to add a 2nd RC64R remote to run the same receiver but have it also control my Hot Tub TV(On/Off,Vol.). Can this be done?

Thanks

Sure.
Take the second remote and:
1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1
4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter the last 6 digits of the receivers ID #, found on a sticker in the access card comparment
8. press SELECT
[courtesy of Edmund]
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:06 AM

I've done this for at least six months. I connected a RF modulator to a HR20-100 and ran a coax cable to the OTA in of the D10-300 in the bedroom. This way, all you have to do is turn off the D10 and the HR20 is visible on the bedroom TV. My wife uses it to watch recordings of programs she's missed (she's been pretty much bedridden for the last 6-8 months.)

What's funny is that I origianlly bought the RC64RB just for the backlight feature. We now use it more for the RF capability.

This is how it works:

The H20-100's original remote (a RC34) is set to run the DVR (in RF mode) and a Sanyo TV in the computer room (spare bedroom.)
The D10-300's replacement RC64RB remote is set on DirecTV mode to operate the D10-300 (IR) and the master bedroom Curtis Mathes TV. It is also set to operate the HR20-100 on AV1 in RF mode while still controlling the TV.

hope this helps.

Edited by Newshawk, 23 February 2009 - 11:11 AM.

DIRECTV employee April 2004-November 2012.
The above comments are my own because I don't know if anyone would care about my opinions anymore.

#5 OFFLINE   RonH

RonH

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

Sure.
Take the second remote and:
1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1
4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter the last 6 digits of the receivers ID #, found on a sticker in the access card comparment
8. press SELECT
[courtesy of Edmund]

Thanks guys,worked like charm.

#6 OFFLINE   bearcat250

bearcat250

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:05 PM

Thanks

I performed this function just this weekend & it worked fine. Bought a RC64RB at Circuit City for $24. Programmed it to an HR21-100 as a second remote.

spam firewall