Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Do any retail stores sell the AM21?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   miketorse

miketorse

Icon

• Registered
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

Did you try using a different browser on DirecTV.com?

Edit: Wait a second, it says the CC is declined? Oh, I thought it was an actual DirecTV website error you were receiving...
Mike

My system:

HR21
HR22 w/ AM21
R15
SWM-8
Slimline5 w/ no LOS to 119 Slimline3

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#62 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,908 posts

I wasn't attacking you personally or any other way, no one knows for sure, but I gave you my "Best guess" and on this note I am outa here. I got a warning for being rude in the beginning, I didn't think I was but I edited my post, a mod came in and offer you a link to Ebay, not good enough I posted 2 other online stores, still not good enough.

I'll say again, the AM21 is not sold in retail stores because it is sold to customers at or below cost so there is no profit to the stores.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#63 OFFLINE   dodge boy

dodge boy

R.I.P. Chris Henry

• Banned User
  • 4,231 posts

Could just be a problem on D*'s website, if the card on my account wasn't expired I'd order one just to see if it could be done. Sheez I could use a $50.00 door stop. :rolleyes:
My equipment:
1 HR22-100 leased
1 HR22-100 owned
1 HR23-700 owned
1 R22-100 owned
1 R22-200 owned

Slimline III with a 4X8 multiswitch and an SWM8
18" round dish with a 4X8 switch on the garage

#64 OFFLINE   dodge boy

dodge boy

R.I.P. Chris Henry

• Banned User
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

I'll say again, the AM21 is not sold in retail stores because it is sold to customers at or below cost so there is no profit to the stores.

I missed that, sorry....
My equipment:
1 HR22-100 leased
1 HR22-100 owned
1 HR23-700 owned
1 R22-100 owned
1 R22-200 owned

Slimline III with a 4X8 multiswitch and an SWM8
18" round dish with a 4X8 switch on the garage

#65 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,041 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

i put the item in my cart and when I went to check out it said credit card declined.

Did you call your credit card company to ask if there is an electronic transaction block on your card?

This is where I would start.

If your credit card company says all should be fine, perhaps you hit the strike counter on the website, and you should flush your cookies and try again tomorrow.

#66 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

i put the item in my cart and when I went to check out it said credit card declined.

Ah, so we finally get to the root of the problem. How is a declined credit card a problem with DirecTV's website?

#67 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

• Super Moderators
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

Ah, so we finally get to the root of the problem. How is a declined credit card a problem with DirecTV's website?

Actually it could be. I have had this issue at iTunes before. Please read my last post.

Jason

#68 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:18 PM

Did you call your credit card company to ask if there is an electronic transaction block on your card?

This is where I would start.

If your credit card company says all should be fine, perhaps you hit the strike counter on the website, and you should flush your cookies and try again tomorrow.

He can't call the credit card company since it's not his card.

This problem is very easily resolved by him calling 1-800-DIRECTV and discussing the issue with them.

#69 OFFLINE   TomCat4680

TomCat4680

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 280 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

yes i tried aol then firefox, then internet explorer and it didn't work. the exact error message is

"Sorry, but we are having trouble processing your payment. Please ensure your payment information is correct and try again. "
Service / packages: DirecTV Plus HD DVR with HBO, Cinemax, Starz Super Pack, Showtime Unlimited and HD Extra Pack
Receiver: DirecTV HR22 and 5 LNB Dish
TV: Insignia 42 inch 1080p LCD HDTV with built in ATSC digital tuner (Model Number NS-LCD42HD-09)
Antenna: Terk HDTVa indoor amplified directional
DirecTV's 2 year old unfulfilled promise http://dtv.client.sh...eleaseID=286351
Stuart Sweet is a Nazi

#70 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

• Super Moderators
  • 10,041 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:19 PM

He can't call the credit card company since it's not his card.

OK, I missed that. Apologies

#71 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

yes i tried aol then firefox, then internet explorer and it didn't work. the exact error message is

"Sorry, but we are having trouble processing your payment. Please ensure your payment information is correct and try again. "

Call 1-800-DIRECTV.

#72 OFFLINE   D*HR-20

D*HR-20

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts

Tom, everyone has given you the answer. You just don't like the answer. The AM-21 is not sold in brick and mortar stores. We told you that in the second post right after your orginal post (notice I didn't type OP since apparently you don't like abbreviations.) We tell you you have to call and you refuse. We tell you where you can buy it online and you refuse. We tell you if you call DirecTV you will not need your credit card and you still refuse. We can not make the DirecTV site work currectly for you and we can not make them sell them in stores when they chose not to. So, what else do you expect from us?

#73 OFFLINE   TomCat4680

TomCat4680

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 280 posts

its not a stolen credit card if thats what youre implying. its my dads. its valid, its all paid up, and I have his consent and he knows that i use it for DirecTV. nothing illegal here.
Service / packages: DirecTV Plus HD DVR with HBO, Cinemax, Starz Super Pack, Showtime Unlimited and HD Extra Pack
TV: Insignia 42 inch 1080p LCD HDTV with built in ATSC digital tuner (Model Number NS-LCD42HD-09)
Stuart Sweet is a Nazi

#74 OFFLINE   miketorse

miketorse

Icon

• Registered
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

Is your "billing address" on the checkout screen the same as your credit card billing address? This is important.
Mike

My system:

HR21
HR22 w/ AM21
R15
SWM-8

#75 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

its not a stolen credit card if thats what youre implying. its my dads. its valid, its all paid up, and he has the consent and knowledge that i use it for DirecTV. nothing illegal here.

I don't think anyone's implied that. Obviously there's an issue with either the website or the card so you need to call to get it taken care of.

#76 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,970 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

I pay my DirecTV bill online. However, the account is not in my name... and since I started paying online for my DirecTV service, the card being used is in the account holder's name.

Recently, I was going to switch to paying the bill with my own card, when I realized the website had no place to put the CARDHOLDER's name in... so I continue paying with the account holder's card.

Perhaps it had an issue with differences in the shipping address/billing address?

~Alan

#77 OFFLINE   miketorse

miketorse

Icon

• Registered
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:25 PM

Woohoo! Page 4!

I agree, might be an issue w/ your billing address, or maybe your credit card company is blocking it for some reason.
Mike

My system:

HR21
HR22 w/ AM21
R15
SWM-8

#78 OFFLINE   TomCat4680

TomCat4680

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Banned User
  • 280 posts

yes i tried that no it wouldnt load, it said "

Sorry, we're having trouble creating your order. Please try again later or call 1-800-DIRECTV to place your order." (which I'm not going to do).

close the damn thread i dont care any more.
Stuart Sweet is a Nazi

#79 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

I also suspect it is the billing address. It has to match meaning billing address for directv and you credit card. Hope you get it worked out!

#80 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,908 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:26 PM

yes i tried that no it wouldnt load, it said "

Sorry, we're having trouble creating your order. Please try again later or call 1-800-DIRECTV to place your order." (which I'm not going to do).

close the damn thread i dont care any more.

As you request.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...