Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Information bar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bmuone

bmuone

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

I hope I am not repeating a recent question but I could not find anything on it. Within the last couple of days our tv's have started to show the information bar across the top of the screen. When we change the channel or turn the set on it comes on and stays there until we press cancel to delete it. I'm thinking it used to come on but go off by itself after a few seconds. I can not find how to fix it...any ideas??? We have a 722 and 222. Thank you very much.....DT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

If you mean the "banner" that shows the name of the program across the top, yes it should go away in about 10 seconds after powering on any E* receiver. If it's not going away by itself something is wrong. I never heard about the banner sticking, in fact if you wanted to make it stick you would have to keep pressing buttons to keep it on.

OTOH this may be something that your TV is generating. Perhaps someone with a screen shot available can post it here so you can see what an E* banner looks like.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#3 OFFLINE   bmuone

bmuone

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

Hey Michael.....yes it is the banner with the name of the show, date, time, etc. I thought it used to go away on its own.....but now it just sits there forever or until we press the cancel button. I guess it is time to do a power off for a few minutes and see if that fixes it.....DT

#4 OFFLINE   bmuone

bmuone

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

Well, waited until after the President talked and then unplugged TVn stuff and restarted it. Success....the bar now goes off the way it should. DT

spam firewall