Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Error 004 on ONE channel on VIP 722

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kucharsk

kucharsk

Godfather

• Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:03 AM

I was watching HBOCY (307) overnight and would get Error 004 popping up on-screen every half hour or so for no reason I could find telling me to channel up, channel down or to hold the power button for ten seconds.

I hit "Cancel" once and the message stayed the same, then upon hitting "Cancel" the second time, the channel returned.

I looked on the DN site and it mentioned this is a check switch error, but my switch tests pass with flying colors and the error box I get says nothing about the switch, just to change channels.

It's only happened on HBOCY so far, and I've never seen it on any channel before getting the L617 software.

Is this widespread? An issue with how HBOCY is being uplinked?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,723 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

So, what is your signal level on the transponder ?

#3 OFFLINE   kucharsk

kucharsk

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 468 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

No idea, but I don't see a single block or dropout on the channel.

Perfect picture, then the 004 message until I hit cancel twice, then perfect picture for the next half hour or so.

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

No idea, but I don't see a single block or dropout on the channel.

Perfect picture, then the 004 message until I hit cancel twice, then perfect picture for the next half hour or so.

Have you done a power cord reset? Unplug for a few minutes. When it happens, if you press Menu does it bring the picture back? I ask because I was having this problem as well and pressing Menu did correct the problem until I was able to pull the plug for a few minutes. It didn't seem to affect any recording that was occurring at the time.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,723 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

menu-6-1-1 and you'll see the sat and tpn

spam firewall