Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Got a "Clue"? Well you'll have another chance

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

Clue, a fun movie of 1985 (with a great cast) is being remade? (Why? I liked the first one!)

http://popwatch.ew.c...ie remake? Why?!

Gore Verbinski Vidal from Pirates of the Caribbean fame, looks to be the current director (you know how these things can change...) :)

Cheers,
Tom

Edited by Tom Robertson, 26 February 2009 - 10:59 AM.
oops, my bad...

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

I can't believe it either. But for the exact opposite reason as you.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,424 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:57 PM

Hollywood seems content with doing remakes,regardless of public opinion.
I guess as long as the studios continue to do "break even" business or better at the box office,the trend will continue.
Take the recent remake of Friday the 13th for example...it was widely reported that the film owns the box office record for best opening weekend ever for a horror film.

Steve

#4 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:31 AM

Gore Vidal from Pirates of the Caribbean fame, looks to be the current director (you know how these things can change...) :)

They sure can! Let's change Vidal to Verbinski...:)

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

#5 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:07 AM

Hollywood seems content with doing remakes,regardless of public opinion.
I guess as long as the studios continue to do "break even" business or better at the box office,the trend will continue.
Take the recent remake of Friday the 13th for example...it was widely reported that the film owns the box office record for best opening weekend ever for a horror film.

There is your public opinion. People go see remakes and since the studios want to make money they'll continue with them.
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#6 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:26 AM

Of course they're remaking anything and everything, but this isn't new. Back before VCRs, films were routinely remade and there were no complaints. When films went from silent to talking, films were remade, and when they went from b&w to color, they were remade... The Front Page, a 1931 film, was remade as His Girl Friday, The Front Page, and Switching Channels. It's been 20 years, I'm surprised no one has remade it again.

For those with shorter memories and fewer Y-chromosomes, Mrs. Shadow tells me that Her Best Friend's Wedding was remade as Made Of Honor by switching genders around... and does anyone else think Chocolat was a remake of Footloose? Let's not even discuss The Producers which was made into a play and then a movie musical!

Point is, remakes happen all the time, it's not exclusive to our time, and while I enjoyed Clue, it's not such a singular triumph of cinema that no one dares attempt to improve on the concept. Now... remake The Godfather and we'll have words.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

They sure can! Let's change Vidal to Verbinski...:)

Done... Thanks for catching that. (and thanks for the humorous way to point it out.) :)

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#8 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

Point is, remakes happen all the time, it's not exclusive to our time, and while I enjoyed Clue, it's not such a singular triumph of cinema that no one dares attempt to improve on the concept.

Perhaps, but it'll be tough to improve upon Tim Curry's performnace.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...