Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Broken Power button on 722

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eddieras

eddieras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

i had a black box from where PIP was - i tried swapping tuners and changing channels but it wasn't working properly- so i pressed the power button for a reset. i walked away and came back and it still was not rebooted. i went to look at the power button and it was completely recessed in the machine! i unplugged and tried to wiggle it out - to no avail. i plugged back in and nothing.
anyone see this before? the mode button was always a bit sticky but i didn't think much of it cause i rarely change the mode. i have the protection plan but i'd hate to go thru getting a new machine - this one was a replacement for another 722 that died about 6 mos ago.

what'd you guys think? do they ever send out a tech to take a look at the machine first and try to fix it? i was just going to call but i'm leaving the house in 10 minutes and don't have the time - so i thought i'd post here and call in the am.

thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:12 PM

Dish's receivers are all made with a removable front plastic "nose"/"face" on the metal chassis. Sometimes a corner can come loose, or the plastic hook breaks, allowing the buttons to become loose or misaligned as yours has. It can be fixed with a bit of careful work, but if you have any doubts, I'd leave it alone.

#3 OFFLINE   eddieras

eddieras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

thanks - do you know if that would void any type of coverage - if i mess with it and can fix it? i have the protection plan. is the box 'sealed' so to speak - i'll have to take a look when i get home.

#4 OFFLINE   JeffChap

JeffChap

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

The same thing happened to my 622. Now if I need to reboot, I just unplug it.

#5 OFFLINE   eddieras

eddieras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

i popped off my case, then the front nose and the white plastic plunger behind the button was too stressed to have it sit properly. i was afraid if i put it back on it would be against the power button - so i left the nose off and everything rebooted perfectly - no lasting effects - thank god!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...