Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Commericals problems with G4TV

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Willh

Willh

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

latey i noticed on G4TV that commericals that are ment for Dish Network to cover up during the Local Commerical breaks end up playing in the middle of an segment of an TV show. anyway, i was watching todays attack of the show, they just started the second segment of the show when boom, rudely interupted by an ad for Bullrun on Speed and an Progressive Insurance. i don't mind the commericals when it airs during the commerical break, not when the show is on. and i noticed it happened alot in the past two weeks on Attack of The Show as well as The Chaser's War On Everything (the Sunday morning 11 AM airing from this past Sunday). is it me or is the machine that plays the commericals off track with the commerical breaks they were ment play over. and i wonder if someone at dish will fix this.
Dish Network Customer since Jan 2007, upgraded to HD on September 2, 2010.

DVRs/Box Sets: Dish VIP DVR 722K (2 of them).

long time Pro-Wrestling and NASCAR fan.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

G4 just recently converted to HD, so it wouldn't be surprising that they are working out some bugs. It likely isn't a Dish issue, but a G4 issue.

#3 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

I've had the same thing happen during attack of the show 2 or 3 times. The first time I thought it was some kind of joke because of the timing but after it happened a few different days it was obvious it wasn't. It has always happened during the first segment as far as I can tell.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...