Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Possible to change local stations received?

hawaii

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   REDSKINSFAN47

REDSKINSFAN47

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts
  • LocationWoodbine,MD

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

Where I live (Garrett Co, MD) there are no OTA stations except the local PBS outlet. I live in Maryland, work in the Washington, DC area, but am forced to watch Pittsburgh channels. This has some residents riled up enough that last week there was a letter to the editor complaining about this in the local paper. I'm working with that person to try and get a waiver from the FCC - if we get a few dozen people to join the complaint maybe it'll have a chance.

I can't seem to find the official source data that tells the FCC which city's stations each small town or county will get. If anyone knows where that it I'd appreciate it. It's based on viewing polls or Nielsen ratings or some such.

I think many people in my county want Pittsburgh TV because everyone is a Steelers fan - but I need to be able to get weather and road reports before going to work. Not to mention Pittsburgh news is lame.

I had a workaround since moving here 5 years ago, but when I upgraded to HD the installer kept going to the wrong address! :) :)

i think you are too far from the spot beams for baltimore / washington dc,as pittsburgh shares many of the same channels 2,4,11,13 and maybe others.baltimore and dc.i know ota is out for you,hagerstown maybe as close as you can get,cumberland has dc locals
hr20,hdmi to living room,componant mirred to office,h20kit hdmi,bedroom mine r15,bedroom daughters h20,other d10,slimline dish mounted on back of house,18 in.round (spare),on 3ft pipe in ground watered by dog daily.ota on roof.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall