Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Wii sports packs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

We are thinking about getting one of those sports packs for our Wii, with the little plastic tennis rackets and golf clubs that the Wiimote snaps into. There are so many, and we are seeing all kinds of negative reviews, including many that say it can fly apart and break your TV! Does anyone have a positive enough experience with one they can recommend that won't be a danger to us or our electronics?

-Chris
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ncxcstud

ncxcstud

Icon

• Registered
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

I don't have a Wii...but my mother does, she bought them and never uses them...its a pretty worthless purchase that really doesn't add anything to the 'experience' of playing the Wii...

I'd recommend not getting it...especially since most cost about 20 bucks...Nintendo doesn't need anymore money ;)
40" Samsung LCD - LN40B640 (living room)
42" Samsung DLP - HLS4266W
DirecTV HR20-700 Receiver
DirecTV H24-100 Receiver
DirecTV HR24-100 Receiver
Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
XBOX Live, Battle.net, and PSN gamertags - ncxcstud

#3 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,312 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

These aren't even made by Nintendo that I can determine. If there are some that are, I'd like to know about it.
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

#4 OFFLINE   ncxcstud

ncxcstud

Icon

• Registered
  • 591 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:29 AM

Either way, I would recommend not getting it because it's a waste of money for a little plastic toy to go around your Wiimote....it truly doesn't change the way the games are played at all...
40" Samsung LCD - LN40B640 (living room)
42" Samsung DLP - HLS4266W
DirecTV HR20-700 Receiver
DirecTV H24-100 Receiver
DirecTV HR24-100 Receiver
Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
XBOX Live, Battle.net, and PSN gamertags - ncxcstud

#5 OFFLINE   Italia

Italia

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:27 AM

Agree...the tennis game was one of the first games I tried. We bought this for our kids. I thought, this plastic is worthless. However, when it come's to buying additional plastic as an accessory to your remote.....the wheel for Mario Kart is a must. Very realistic and it works well. I don't think I could add up the amount of hours spent playing Mario Kart. This game alone makes the investment for the Wii worth it.

#6 OFFLINE   smiddy

smiddy

Tain't ogre til its ogre

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,286 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

I have not purchased them either. I have played the tennis and baseball a lot without them. I concur with Italia, Mario Kart Wii needs the wheel, well worth the purchase. My son rarely if ever uses the light sabers for Star Wars (we bought him three). He mainly plays with them outside of the game, since he uses the nunchuck too.
Aaron 'smiddy' Smith

Protected By... spam firewall...And...