Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cancelling service.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ivtec

Ivtec

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Hi Guys:i have service with dish for 4 years now,i had the old Hd receiver and up graded last summer to vip 211 so i could have more hd chan. instead of the 5 hd chan. plus locals with my own antenna that i use to have .now my question is thus this fall under any commitment,or can i cancel any time i want without to pay any extra fees.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:16 PM

You most likely don't have any commitment to remain subscribed, but only DISH would be able to tell you for sure. "Last summer" doesn't cover your upgrade situation entirely. There was a period where they were phoning and sending postcards about "for just a penny more / month", you could upgrade to a ViP receiver. That program didn't have any commitment attached. If you phoned in and ASKED for an existing customer upgrade, it could have a 2 year commit attached. It wouldn't be triggered by you phoning it, but by how the upgrade order was setup.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...