Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

need help connecting router to hr 22 will not connect

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cowboy620

cowboy620

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:09 AM

i have a dlink dir 655 wireless router. i connected it with cat 5 wire, it was connected ,and working fine. but when power to powerstip was interrupted and turn back on, it would not connect. also i get an error 301 under the info&test, where stb ports are. i have to enter all the routers info manually. if i reset the the defaults and restart everything, nothing changes the factory defaults appear. then, i reset everything from there; the factory defaults don't change. i have also gone into the router, gone to port forwarding, and added all the info, the ip address and the ports 80,8080 to force the router to find the dvr. but router still can't find it. can anyone help me, thanks.

Edited by cowboy620, 04 March 2009 - 07:24 AM.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   cowboy620

cowboy620

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 03:22 AM

go to router. on back of router, put the ethernet plug into port #1. this is the gaming port. now go to E under the address bar type 192.168.0.1 . go in to router, go to port forwarding, under name, name device. then under ip address type an address of 100 - 199 , just make sure your not using the same ip address as your pc. now under ports to open type 80,8080,27177,27178. at top of page hit save , it will ask to reboot now. hit reboot now . when done close E. now go to dvr go to networks , then go to network services, change automatic to manual, hit connect now, when done go to advanced setup. for the ip address type the same one used under port forwarding, subnet is 255.255.255.0, default gateway is 192.168.0.1, dns 71.243.0.12, hit connect now. you should get congratulations you are now connected to directv. you have to manually connect with the dlink, it will not add these figures automatically. good luck!

#3 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:51 AM

OK.........

#4 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,109 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

Schuks....I feel badly that I got here too late to help....

This is one of my "pet" obstacles that I like to help with....:eek2:
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   flynn337

flynn337

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

go to router. on back of router, put the ethernet plug into port #1. this is the gaming port. now go to E under the address bar type 192.168.0.1 . go in to router, go to port forwarding, under name, name device. then under ip address type an address of 100 - 199 , just make sure your not using the same ip address as your pc. now under ports to open type 80,8080,27177,27178. at top of page hit save , it will ask to reboot now. hit reboot now . when done close E. now go to dvr go to networks , then go to network services, change automatic to manual, hit connect now, when done go to advanced setup. for the ip address type the same one used under port forwarding, subnet is 255.255.255.0, default gateway is 192.168.0.1, dns 71.243.0.12, hit connect now. you should get congratulations you are now connected to directv. you have to manually connect with the dlink, it will not add these figures automatically. good luck!

Huh? I didn't have to do any of that to get my HR23 connected to my DIR-655... and my "Active" works fine, Mediashare works fine, etc.

What exactly are these steps needed for?

#6 OFFLINE   pcnerdman

pcnerdman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

No Joy,

I followed directions exactly and still get the 301 error.

I don't understand Your dns number. My router default to 192.168.0.1 for DNS. Is your domain name service number a static IP from your ISP or is your router using that ip number. Or, is it a DNS service IP address? I have the HR 21-100 plugged into switch port 1 on the router, but the 301 error won't go away. I can get DOD and media share connect but APPS will not work. Thanks for your post, and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...