Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

XM deal for D* subscriber?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

Is there no good XM deal if you are already a D* subscriber???

Kinda sucks to pay all the extra money since you already get it on your D* plan.

Gator fan for LIFE!!!!
My current setup can be found here!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,313 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

Is there no good XM deal if you are already a D* subscriber???

Kinda sucks to pay all the extra money since you already get it on your D* plan.

1. There are a lot of XM/Sirius stations that DirecTV doesn't carry.
2. It's tough to take down the 5 LNB dish and lash it to my car. :lol:
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#3 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 950 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

I've heard rumourations (that's an old word I just made up) that with Liberty's new stake in Sirius XM, they may be looking into some sort of a bundling discount. Which would be okay with me.

#4 OFFLINE   wilsonc

wilsonc

Legend

• Registered
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

Let's start with discounts for those who are both XM and Sirius subs and then we can move on to D*.

#5 OFFLINE   cowboy620

cowboy620

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

i just bought the mirge radio, and found out the price per month went from 12.99 to 19.99 a month. to get both sat's.

#6 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 950 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

i just bought the mirge radio, and found out the price per month went from 12.99 to 19.99 a month. to get both sat's.

So they were charging $12.99 a month to get both services? That doesn't make sense. XM alone is $12.99 a month unless you're on a prepaid plan.

$19.99 a month is better than $26 a month, sounds like a discount to me. :confused:

#7 OFFLINE   ccmilesd

ccmilesd

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

I've never been impressed with the lack of "package deals" offered by XM or Sirius.

#8 OFFLINE   cowboy620

cowboy620

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 04:03 PM

yep, it's not to bad of a deal. you get 10 fav's for xm and 10 fav's for sirius

the min. i turned on the radio i locked out h stern:D. i can't stand him. but besides that it's a bargan.:hurah:

the best feature is when you set the radio for your fav. baseball team it will display what channle their on. you hit a button on th remote to change to that channle, the game is on. my other delphi rc express has the same feature.

Edited by cowboy620, 03 May 2009 - 04:23 PM.
added more content to it

#9 OFFLINE   Anthony1967

Anthony1967

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:33 AM

If you just want the XM Stuff call 1-800-321-7117 tell the operator you want the special year price of $77.00 give the the special promotional code(ZWINBACK). I got two radios for that price. The only bad thing is you can't add the best of Sirius with that, but thats a great price only 6.42 a month
Sirius Sportster 5 with the Best of XM for Life and a Audiovox Express RC and express EZ also Factory Honda and Accra XM Plus best of Sirius

#10 OFFLINE   Impala1ss

Impala1ss

Godfather

• Registered
  • 280 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:40 AM

If you just want the XM Stuff call 1-800-321-7117 tell the operator you want the special year price of $77.00 give the the special promotional code(ZWINBACK). I got two radios for that price. The only bad thing is you can't add the best of Sirius with that, but thats a great price only 6.42 a month

They wouldn't give me that because it is from the XM marketing dept. to get back those who cancelled service, therefor the "Z Win Back code."

#11 OFFLINE   ehilbert1

ehilbert1

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

yep, it's not to bad of a deal. you get 10 fav's for xm and 10 fav's for sirius

the min. i turned on the radio i locked out h stern:D. i can't stand him. but besides that it's a bargan.:hurah:

the best feature is when you set the radio for your fav. baseball team it will display what channle their on. you hit a button on th remote to change to that channle, the game is on. my other delphi rc express has the same feature.

Thats a cool radio except for the $20 a month price. SiriusXM still act like two seperate companies. They need to really combined their billing and services and then they will save people money. By the way I locked out all the country channels on my radio. ;) I enjoy Howard and all his hijinks.

#12 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

They wouldn't give me that because it is from the XM marketing dept. to get back those who cancelled service, therefor the "Z Win Back code."

That's interesting. I renewed my 2 home units and the one that came with my car for 2 years before the price increase in March.

With the new rates and this "music licensing fee" gouge I wonder what will be the offering in 2 years? One thing is for sure-I am NOT going to keep all 3 radios at the "new" price!!! Maybe the answer is to cancel EVERYTHING and wait for the phone call or mailed offer to come back....

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

Protected By... spam firewall...And...