Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

D*, please re-design DOD!!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,405 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:51 AM

I agree with allot of the original posters wants however if you wanna see HORRIBLE check out Dish Networks "on demand" interface. Its a list of shows with NO organization what so ever. So directv's is a blessing in comparison.

Wow I guess so. I think D* could improve it more but I wont complain to bad except for I would like to see more channels available on it for downloadable content.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

DaBears

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

The only concern that I've had was the restricted bandwidth on their end. I haven't tried it in a couple of months but I went to get a HD PPV on demand and by the time it finished downloading I had no time to watch it. The only thing I can suggest is that you never try to watch a PPV while downloading with on demand. Always let it download first then buy it. I ended up paying for a movie I never finished watching. I didn't think about the download time so it was my fault but just a heads up.

Otherwise I think the interface is fine and of course more options will always be better but overall the stuff I've wanted from it have been fine.

#28 OFFLINE   davidord

davidord

Godfather

• Registered
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

I would like to see folders for shows like the DVR, instead of every show being in a list.

#29 OFFLINE   rebkell

rebkell

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

I would like to see new shows in HD, instead of wading through the entire listing.

Another thing that is of major concern, most of the broadband providers are starting to implement caps, and this is going to really squash all the good that can come of On-Demand(unless of course you are using their(the cable cos) on-demand). Anti-competitive.

#30 OFFLINE   rajeshh

rajeshh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

I am not a power DOD user at all. As some people have mentioned, I use it once in a while to download some shows for the kids etc. So I am fine with the current UI.
While we are on the topic of UI and cable companies though, I had posted a while back on how glad I am that I have DirecTV DVR and its UI compared to cable for doing all other functions though....

#31 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,506 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:15 AM

I like the current format, but would like to be able to block the PPV selections from the menu. For the little ones, out of site, out of mind.

H44-200 - Samsung 1080p 46" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Samsunbg 32" LED - HDMI
C41-100 - Mitsubishi 1080p 57" DLP - HDMI - Pioneer Home Theater Sound

LG 20 LCD" & Viewsonic 17" HDTV LCD - Component via Cat 6 baluns from HR44-200
Slimline w/ SWM3 LNB. OTA master antenna system to all sets.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...