Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Mandatory Metallica" returns to Sirius XM radio,3/14-4/13/09

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:16 PM

Metallica fans and fans of rock/metal music should like this news,from Metallica's website. :)

http://www.metallica...asp?item=602011

The channel will broadcast on channel 42 on XM,and channel 27 on Sirius.
It will be on-air 3/14-4/13/09.

Here are two more links about the channel,from Sirius and XM.

http://www.sirius.co...datorymetallica

http://www.xmradio.c...s/metallica.xmc

Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   glorman

glorman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

I wonder if it will be on XMRO. I just subscribed today.

#3 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

Damnit! Why the hell do these payola channels keep popping up. I'm a huge Metallica fan, and I'm appalled that Liquid Metal get preempted for this. This is the reason iPods exist. One artist channels suck!
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#4 OFFLINE   PTown

PTown

Legend

• Registered
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

First Fungus53 and now LM42! I honestly don't even know why I subscribe anymore. How much do you want to bet xmLM won't come back either?

#5 OFFLINE   paja

paja

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

Damnit! Why the hell do these payola channels keep popping up. I'm a huge Metallica fan, and I'm appalled that Liquid Metal get preempted for this. This is the reason iPods exist. One artist channels suck!

+1 I'm a huge fan of the Beatles and Paul McCartney, but I don't need whole channels devoted to them . If I want a heavy dose of either, I'll just pop in a cd. Down with one atrist channels!!:mad:

#6 OFFLINE   WillieWildcat

WillieWildcat

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

Won't disagree with you there. LM is one of my faves and I like early Metallica, but they don't have a library big enough to play 24/7. I will listen for a while, then find my way back to Boneyard.
2 DirecTV R10 DVRs
1 HR21-700 HD DVR 1.5GB Internal
2 D10 Receivers
3 Sirius Receivers

#7 OFFLINE   danzig13

danzig13

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:52 PM

that is stupid. i hated the whole AC/DC thing on the Boneyard for 3 months and now this?

#8 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

I love this station. Plus the liquid metal station was the worst of the metal stations.

I am glad they brought back boneyard though. I do think it was better before they axed it.

#9 OFFLINE   sshams95

sshams95

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

what's frustrating is we have mandatory metallica on one channel....then, you switch to Boneyard...and they are playing a metallica song as well...

this has happened a few times

#10 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:18 PM

First Fungus53 and now LM42! I honestly don't even know why I subscribe anymore. How much do you want to bet xmLM won't come back either?

Fungus 53 was about the only music channel I listened to. Faction is OK, but does not play anywhere near the punk playlist that Lou Brutus and Fungus did. I would kill to get it back.

what's frustrating is we have mandatory metallica on one channel....then, you switch to Boneyard...and they are playing a metallica song as well...

this has happened a few times

I agree 100%! If there is an artist only channel, that artist should not be played on any other channel for the duration. This week I heard Metallica on Faction, Ocatane and Mandatory Metallica all at the same time. THat should not be allowed.

#11 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

I keep getting more and more close to canceling. And things like this are like a green flag to the cancel finish line.

Boy, I miss XM.

#12 OFFLINE   Lowry666

Lowry666

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:46 AM

Morning,
I was a subscriber to both XM and Sirius until the big melding of the two. XM's Liquid Metal USED to be top shelf. Once they changed it, I had had enough. Cancelled my 3 Sirius radios and my 2 XM radios. I keep up with XM through Direct, and it is pretty lousy, and a friend has Sirius and I listen to his sometimes, and it has gone down too.
I told the CSRs when I dumped them that they were going to p@ss off alot of their base customers, and viola', they are doing it. I realize what it takes to run a business and provide content that people want and will listen too, but you have to have a balance too. I see NO winners in this merger, just alot of frustrated subscribers and no real reason to become a subscriber to either one at this point.
As far as Liquid Metal, as DodgerKing stated, it sucked anyway, they should dump it.

Sorry for the rant!

Lowry

#13 OFFLINE   WillieWildcat

WillieWildcat

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

Bring back HARD ATTACK!
2 DirecTV R10 DVRs
1 HR21-700 HD DVR 1.5GB Internal
2 D10 Receivers
3 Sirius Receivers

#14 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:25 PM

Liquid Metal is more or less Hard Attack, with a different name. The old XMLM > Hard Attack. Hard Attack blows. Too much commercial metal with annoying wanna be headbanger on air personalities. When I fist got Sirius in 2004 it didn't even take me 10 minutes to discover how crappy the channnel was in comparison.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

spam firewall