Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

No PPV charge??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rabenklau

rabenklau

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 12:08 PM

I finally got my Dishnetwork installed last week and of course was playing around with my 501. From the other post here about it having Search functions now I guess I got the latest Software.
I do NOT have the 501 hooked up to a phone line as of now.
Anyways, when I clicked on a PPV channel asking me if I wanna purchase it I clicked yes figuring it would not let me not having it connected to the phone line. Though it did. I was free to watch the whole movie and now I am wondering, how do they charge me. It is in my list of Subscribed movies. I do not want to test around purchasing movies to test now but is this a bug or does it wait for me to hook it up to the phone somewhen???

Thanks
Michael

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 08 April 2002 - 12:10 PM

It remains on your smartcard untill your unit calls in. If it dont call in you dont get charged.

However sooner or later you will eaither exceed the order limit or the unit will notice it hasn't called in awhile and will prevent you from ordering with your remote.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2002 - 08:39 PM

They will charge you when the phone is connected, however you will either reach the order limit or have the unit notice it hasn't been able to call in and not allow you to order more PPVs. (BTW, I'm Mark - posting from another computer. This is my 7th post here today)

spam firewall