Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Advanced Remote Setups

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Forest Grump

Forest Grump

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

We just added a new Pioneer AV Receiver and LG Blu Ray to our system which includes a Pioneer HD Plasma TV. Now we have remotes all over the place. I would like to replace them all with a new Harmony programmable remote.

The main stumbling block is to find a code for the Direct TV HD remote model RC64R. The Plasma remote is AXD1536, the receiver remote I believe is 906178 for the VSX-1019AH-K

I would appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer.

Thank you

Forest Grump

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

We just added a new Pioneer AV Receiver and LG Blu Ray to our system which includes a Pioneer HD Plasma TV. Now we have remotes all over the place. I would like to replace them all with a new Harmony programmable remote.

The main stumbling block is to find a code for the Direct TV HD remote model RC64R. The Plasma remote is AXD1536, the receiver remote I believe is 906178 for the VSX-1019AH-K

I would appreciate any help anyone might be able to offer.

Thank you

Forest Grump

Pioneer code in the rc64r is 31023, the volume keys never work initially with any audio code, reason is the volume keys won't work at all without a tv code programmed to the tv device. Once there is tv code its volume its now in the way, but that can be remedied:

With tv code in, and pioneer code 31023:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 3
4. press VOL DOWN

the code library in the rc64r is 3 years old.
aka Tivoburkee

#43 OFFLINE   Forest Grump

Forest Grump

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

Thank you!

#44 OFFLINE   mysdak

mysdak

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:40 PM

For some reason I can't get my hr22-100 to accepts a 2nd directv remote. model is RC65r. Any ideas?

#45 OFFLINE   mysdak

mysdak

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:58 PM

found the answer on another forum

Do the same for both remotes...
1. Locate the 12 digit Receiver ID (RID) number of your
DIRECTV Receiver. You can find the RID number on
the back panel of your receiver, or inside the card
access door next to the reset button.
2. Write down the last six digits of the RID number.
3. Slide the mode switch to DIRECTV, AV1, or AV2.
4. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys until the
green light under the selected switch flashes twice and
release both keys.
5. Using the number keys, enter 9 6 1. (The green light
flashes twice.)
6. Press and release CHAN UP. (The green light flashes
twice.)
7. Using the NUMBER keys, enter the the last six digits of
the RID number. (See step 2 above.)
8. Press and release the SELECT key. (The green light
flashes twice.)

#46 OFFLINE   greg11a

greg11a

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

Can a Harmony remote be used to directly control a receiver that has been set to run in RF mode?

#47 OFFLINE   GirkMonster

GirkMonster

Godfather

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

Can a Harmony remote be used to directly control a receiver that has been set to run in RF mode?

It is my understanding that if the receiver is set to RF mode, the IR section is shut down. So, to the extent your question relates to whether a Harmony remote can control a receiver via IR where the receiver is set to RF - I think the answer is no. Harmony does make RF remotes, though. The 890, for example, is one. That might change my answer. But it would be controlling via RF as well, not IR.
HR20, HR21, HR22, H21
11 TVs (6 HD, 5 SD)
3 Harmony 880s
ChannelPlus 3025 AV Distribution Modulator & IR system
SlingBox Pro
Linksys WRT610N Gateway and WRT310N, Gigabit wired LAN, couple of 8-port gigabit switches and a 5-port 10/100, NAS and some other stuff

#48 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

No. The only universal remote that can control a DirecTV receiver in RF mode is the Xsight Touch (aka Nevo C3). No other universal remotes, RF or otherwise, can do it. Even then, the Xsight can only control one D* receiver via RF.

Edited by mdavej, 05 August 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#49 OFFLINE   greg11a

greg11a

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:26 AM

Thanks mdave, that is exactly the info I need.

#50 OFFLINE   Plasman

Plasman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

Thanks for this thread. Excellent info.

The URC RF20 remotes seem to be a very good buy. Anyone recommed this remote? I have 3 HR2X's in my equipment room (for Kitchen, LR and Bedroom TV's). I'm thinking of getting 2 RF20's and one RF20 with the Powerblaster RF receiver. Do you think I'll be successful training each RF20 to use a different set of HR2X IR codes? The RF20 with the Powerblaster is not individually addressable, so all codes come through all the time to every piece of equipment in the closet.

#51 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 21 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

Sure the RF20 can handle 3 IR addresses, if you teach them. I have RF10's and a RF30 that have been taught 5 IR addresses, 00001 through 00005. So far.
aka Tivoburkee

#52 OFFLINE   Plasman

Plasman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

Edmund - thanks!

I've got the RF20 with Powerblaster on order and I'll look forward to setting this up. If I can get the first one going and the RF range is good, I'll order two more of the RF20 remotes.

#53 OFFLINE   AMike

AMike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

I may have missed something here, so I would appreciate any assistance. I have 3 DirecTV receivers in one room (HR20, H20, H23). I had set the H23 for AV1 and the H23 for AV2. When I had this activated, the DirecTV remote was controlling both devices. I changed the H20 to D, and changed the HR20 to Receiver 3 to make this work in the interim.

I have a Harmony 880, but I have never gone into the advanced features of the remote. Ideally, I would like to use it to control all 3 receivers. I don't understand where you would enter the code to be able to make that work. Can someone please elaborate for me?

Thanks.

DirecTV subscriber 1999-2011, 2012 - present
Comcast subscriber 2011-2012, 2013 - 2014

#54 OFFLINE   GirkMonster

GirkMonster

Godfather

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:19 AM

I may have missed something here, so I would appreciate any assistance. I have 3 DirecTV receivers in one room (HR20, H20, H23). I had set the H23 for AV1 and the H23 for AV2. When I had this activated, the DirecTV remote was controlling both devices. I changed the H20 to D, and changed the HR20 to Receiver 3 to make this work in the interim.

I have a Harmony 880, but I have never gone into the advanced features of the remote. Ideally, I would like to use it to control all 3 receivers. I don't understand where you would enter the code to be able to make that work. Can someone please elaborate for me?

Thanks.

It has been years since I have done this. I have three 880s. With an IR distribution system, it is the functional equivalent of having all 3 HRs in the same room.

I believe am using codesets 2,3 and 4. IIRC, you have to use the DTV remote to teach the Harmony each of the buttons. Harmony may have one of the alternate codesets in its database, but I do not recall specifically.

It is definitely possible, though. My 880s actually control 4 different receivers, although 1 is "off the grid" and for that reason remains on codeset 0.
HR20, HR21, HR22, H21
11 TVs (6 HD, 5 SD)
3 Harmony 880s
ChannelPlus 3025 AV Distribution Modulator & IR system
SlingBox Pro
Linksys WRT610N Gateway and WRT310N, Gigabit wired LAN, couple of 8-port gigabit switches and a 5-port 10/100, NAS and some other stuff

#55 OFFLINE   codelode84

codelode84

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

Anyone have any luck with the new Vizio Bluetooth remote? I was running a HD-Tivo and a HR20-200. With this setup the remote worked perfectly. Now when I have the HR20-200 and HR22-200 it moves both stations at the same time. I went in and changed the box to a different code and my remote can't control it in any of the 6 Direct DVR settings. There are also 26 Satellite Rec Directv codes and code 26 works but it doesn't allow any of the buttons like pause, record, play. Anyone have a similar setup that got to work. After that I will fighting to get my Sling to work. Thank you for the help in advance.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...