Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Long time XMer getting a new car w/ Sirius

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

As the title says I have 4 XM radios and am picking up a new car with Sirius next week. I am guessing even though the two are one now I can't add the new car onto my XM for $7 can I? Does anyone know if the 6 mo. free I am getting will include the XM stuff? Also for Sirius sub's this is on a sports car that will most likely be shelved in the winter can I get 6mo. in the summer and cancel then enroll again the next summer easily or will it just be too much of a headache to save $70?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,477 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

As the title says I have 4 XM radios and am picking up a new car with Sirius next week. I am guessing even though the two are one now I can't add the new car onto my XM for $7 can I?

No.

Does anyone know if the 6 mo. free I am getting will include the XM stuff?

No.

Also for Sirius sub's this is on a sports car that will most likely be shelved in the winter can I get 6mo. in the summer and cancel then enroll again the next summer easily or will it just be too much of a headache to save $70?

Don't know.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

Sirius XM really needs to get their accounting departments joined together. That would really help them because people that have both Sirius and XM could take advantage of the credits rather than dropping radio subs because they don't want (nor should they have to ) pay double.

#4 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

Yes you can suspend your account for 6 months, just tell them it's a summer ride. You shouldn't be charged an activation fee every summer when you start the subscription up either.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#5 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

Thanks guys. I was afraid they weren't totally merged. It'll be a long drive home without O&A but I'll make it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...