Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Strange problem with all lcd tv's and lcd monitors in my condo

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   robmadden1

robmadden1

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:42 PM

I have the strangest thing happening on all lcd tv's and lcd monitors. My dell monitor is the worst. Every picture on the screen leans to the right. All of the picture is there but its slanted to the right. Has anyone heard of this before? I have not. It has happened a few times. Last summer it lasted a few weeks then it eased up and partial slant. I was a cloudy day and it was Sunday when it first happened. The picture starts out straight then and some point in the picture it vers off tho the slant to the right. It don't matter if I take my laptop down the road to the sub development thier. I live in Cincinnti, OH (Delhi Township between Need Rd and Rapid Run). If and has any Ideas please let me know.

Thanks,
Rob

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Plasman

Plasman

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

Is it April 1st already? :)

AC power issue? But this happens on your laptop too when running on battery power?

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,372 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:38 AM

Sounds like a black hole. ;)

I can't think of any way to create shear on a fixed pixel display.

#4 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,213 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

A raster anomaly common to all your LCD displays may be a household electrical problem, i.e., low voltage. Check the voltage level around your condo. If you don't have a meter, a $15-20 multimeter from RS will do the job. If your voltage is low at all your outlets, call the power co. If it is low only at certain locations, call an electrician.

Let us know what you find out.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#5 OFFLINE   robmadden1

robmadden1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

It happens on battery power too it happens on all pc's and all tv's it dont matter if i am in my condo or not I can go down the road to the sub development there and the screen is still slanted on the laptop. Its all most normal now but it slants to the left now and a litter to the right sort of like a oval the top of it like it slants to the midlen then round of to right slanting. Just so you know I am not drunk.

#6 OFFLINE   Lowry666

Lowry666

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:28 AM

Do your lights dim badly when your heat or a/c kick on? it sounds like you are having a power issue. Get it checked immediately! It could fry your electronics. When I used to be a cable tv service tech, I went on a service call one night and the people had their nuetral break in the power drop to the house and it was using the shield of the coax as the nuetral. Bad news! I told them to get an electrician and the power company on the phone fast. Have it checked.

Good luck,
Lowry

P.S. And let us know what you find out.

#7 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,454 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

Do you wear glasses? If so, might want to check that your frames haven't twisted slightly. Something similar happened to me when I used to wear them. /steve
/steve

#8 OFFLINE   robmadden1

robmadden1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:46 AM

I dont wear glasses but I should I am near sighted. I am allmost certain it has nothing to do with my eye sight. My dell monitor which is the worst realy slants to the right badly.

#9 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:52 PM

Does it happen at the same time every day and do you live near and airport, air base or other military base? I knew a guy once who's TV would go all crazy for about 15 minutes every day at 4pm. Ended up being he lived about a half mile from an airport and they performed some sort of radar testing at 4pm every day. It would wack out certain TVs at the same time.

#10 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,454 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

I dont wear glasses but I should I am near sighted. I am allmost certain it has nothing to do with my eye sight. My dell monitor which is the worst realy slants to the right badly.

Actually, before I asked about glasses, I should have asked the more obvious question. Do visitors observe it as well? And if so, can you snap a picture of what you're seeing and post it here? /steve
/steve

#11 OFFLINE   robmadden1

robmadden1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

I dont own a digital cammer and I am about 10 minutes from the airport.

#12 OFFLINE   peaches

peaches

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:17 PM

Time to either call "ghost busters" or cut down on your evening "adult beverages". After a few too many I tend to list to the right myself......lol

#13 ONLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,454 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

I dont own a digital cammer and I am about 10 minutes from the airport.

Do visitors to your home see what you're seeing?

What about your neighbors? If some sort of external interference, they should be experiencing the same issues. /steve
/steve

spam firewall