Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Trailer Park Boys --- highly recommend

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   volkl

volkl

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

For those who have networked DVR's, if you haven't yet downloaded the episodes of Trailer Park Boys, you may by missing a series that is terrific.

Download them and watch them in sequence.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,743 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:07 PM

For those who have networked DVR's, if you haven't yet downloaded the episodes of Trailer Park Boys, you may by missing a series that is terrific.

I have been but I also have the Blu Ray on order from Amazon ca. Some funny stuff. :lol:
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:34 AM

One of the funniest shows ever put on TV:)

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#4 OFFLINE   steve053

steve053

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

Why not just watch them on the 101? Two "new" episodes weekly on Thursday's at 9 p.m. CST.
HR34 hardwired to router
Panasonic 50" Plasma (TH50PX60U)
Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR707)
Harmony 670 Remote
Polk speakers /Velodyne sub

#5 OFFLINE   volkl

volkl

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

Why not just watch them on the 101? Two "new" episodes weekly on Thursday's at 9 p.m. CST.

Good point. Actually, I do Tivo them in SD from the 101 broadcast, but I also download them via DOD in HD. Either way works well.

The DOD is nice in that if one discovers an interesting program of a series, they can download the prior episodes and be more hooked than before.

Anyway, I'm trying to justify the wireless networking I eventually got working to my HR20.

May your rum and cola and ice, never run out.

Edited by volkl, 17 March 2009 - 09:07 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:49 AM

I started with the TPB movie, then the 101 shows, and it has gradually become one of my favorite shows!

:)

#7 OFFLINE   crasmus22

crasmus22

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:34 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I had never been aware of this show. It was superb. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

#8 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,278 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

What channel (name) is it on? Is TPB exclusive to D* or is it available from other carriers? Thanks

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#9 OFFLINE   volkl

volkl

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

... Is TPB exclusive to D* or is it available from other carriers? Thanks

It is exclusively premeired by D* in the US.

It is originally produced and broadcast in Canada beginning in 2001.

Many of the comical lines have been copied in later US television programs. Very original stuff.

Interestingly, this show was supported significantly and controversially, me thinks, by public Canadian government funding.

A tip-of-the-hat to the creators, producers, and governmental funding decision makers. Very funny.

#10 OFFLINE   steve053

steve053

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:12 AM

What channel (name) is it on? Is TPB exclusive to D* or is it available from other carriers? Thanks

In addition on to volkl's info:

There's an earlier thread somewhere about TPB that mentions it's also available on NetFlix.
HR34 hardwired to router
Panasonic 50" Plasma (TH50PX60U)
Onkyo Receiver (TX-SR707)
Harmony 670 Remote
Polk speakers /Velodyne sub

#11 OFFLINE   TominOH

TominOH

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

Just downloaded an episode of 'TPB' to see if the colorful language was bleeped. I've seen the show on the 101 channel and knew it'd be a good candidate. It's not altered in any way on VOD.

The other day we downloaded an episode of 'Head Case" and every 4 letter word was bleeped including a few 3 letter words. Maybe it's just a Starz policy on VOD - strange.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...