Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Local CBS 56.1 not on DIRECTV Tuner?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Retro

Retro

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

I receive my locals OTA and for the past few days, the local CBS station KLFY TV 10's 10.1 signal has not been working.. 56.1 has, but it will not come up on my Directv Receiver tuner as the other local's do even after redoing the antenna setup.. Does anyone know if this is likely to be updated from Directv and/or does the station notify them of the change..

My guess is that they have officially switched full time to 56.1?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:22 AM

The station needs to update any changes with Tribune Media (zap2it.com), who supplies guide data to DirecTV and just about every other company with an EPG. Those changes will then automatically update at DirecTV.

DirecTV doesn't do anything to the data; they depend on the data from Tribune being correct, and Tribune in turn relies on the station to send them correct information.

#3 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

56 is the temporary channel, they will be 10.1 on RF channel 10 when they switch over.

They should never appear as 56.1 but always as 10.1. If your receiver sees them as 56.1, the station's PSIP computer needs to be rebooted.

Channels above channel 51 are being abandoned to local emergency services, cell phone and blue tooth and such applications.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#4 OFFLINE   Retro

Retro

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for the info guys... I only watch CBS on monday night and of course some for march madness.. This is why delaying the switch was bad, problems during events like this?:rolleyes:

#5 OFFLINE   cajun_fan

cajun_fan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

56 is the temporary channel, they will be 10.1 on RF channel 10 when they switch over.

They should never appear as 56.1 but always as 10.1. If your receiver sees them as 56.1, the station's PSIP computer needs to be rebooted.

Channels above channel 51 are being abandoned to local emergency services, cell phone and blue tooth and such applications.

I was having this same issue with klfy, but thought it was somethng on my end. I still don't understand what the issue is, or whether to call klfy or D***??? Per your post, I should call klfy and tell them to reboot their psip??

Any help is appreciated!
LR: Sony 50-Inch LCD Rear Projection
HR22-200
Bose Lifestyle V30
BR: Sanyo 32in
HR20-500

#6 OFFLINE   northrk

northrk

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

Did you try to reset your antenna setup before rescan? If not try that.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...