Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Waiver problems, and locals question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gib4500

gib4500

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

I have been denied waiver for cbs hd again. Meanwhile my buddy down the street was granted this waiver. I just wonder why it is certain people in the same area are granted waivers while others are not. It just makes me mad. I can't get cbs with an off air antenna. I live in the ohio valley surrounded by hills. I'm about 45 miles south of the wtrf station. Now i'm not going to be able to watch the ncaa tourn on directv. The network waited till like the 33rd day of the waiver request and then denied me.

Does anyone know if directv is planning on adding the wheeling wv market locals anytime this year. I'm hoping they do but i'm not counting on it. The cable is terrible in this area and i know a lot of people i can refer to directv as soon as the locals come online. I'm guessing i may have till wait till the next satellite is up and running? thanks for any info. I'm loving my directv hd except for the missing cbs part.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MLBurks

MLBurks

Icon

• Registered
  • 725 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:52 AM

As far as getting the waiver goes, I feel your pain. Some people I have talked to say be patient and keep trying for the waiver. Once you get the denial, try again...and again...and again until you get it. Even my DirecTV installer told me some stories of customers who were relentless with waiver requests until they finally got excepted.

#3 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,564 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

Call/email the local station directly and request that the waiver be granted. Mention that a neighbor has a waiver and that you are unable to receive them OTA.

Are there two stations that could claim you and therefore it is one of them that is denying the waiver?
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#4 OFFLINE   gib4500

gib4500

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:49 AM

Yes there are 2 stations that they claim cover me. One is cbs out of clarksburg weston wv and the other one is wheeling wv wtrf. It doesn't say on directv distant locals page which station denied the waiver. I just assumed it was wtrf wheeling cbs. I wonder if there's some way i could find out?

#5 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

Yes there are 2 stations that they claim cover me. One is cbs out of clarksburg weston wv and the other one is wheeling wv wtrf. It doesn't say on directv distant locals page which station denied the waiver. I just assumed it was wtrf wheeling cbs. I wonder if there's some way i could find out?

You can call and ask them. They have told me in the past. I for one can tell you that you shoudl keep trying. There is no way I should of got my waivers granted. I live in a grade A signal area where I can get the stations I want with OTA but have still been granted all excpet for CBS. I have been a sub for almost 7 months now and I still resubmit everytime CBS denies me. I may feel different after the transition is complete and all affiliates meximize their signal but for now its not as good as I want. SD DNS feeds are better then the HD content I am getting with a OTA. Anyways make sure to request your own waivers and dont wait on D* to do it. They will tell you they can only do it like every 60-90 days. Thats BS. You can do it yourself from their web site anytime you want.

spam firewall