Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 error 311

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dalee55

dalee55

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

when I first power on my receiver this message appears "an issue has been detected that may affect your ability to record or pause live tv" and if I press the DVR button I get error 024 "unable to access this feature at this time,data not availible. I tried the unplug/replug boot several times-no help...Dish T/S says it's a harddrive problem and they'll send a new one, but I've got 60some movies recorded that I'll lose. Anyone have a suggestion?? My receiver is only 14 months old.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

Definitely sounds like a hard drive problem. You might want to consider activating the external hard drive functionality and trying to back up your shows. Unfortunately, there's no guarentee that they won't be corrupted, but it's probably worth a try.

#3 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:14 AM

Usually when you see this the HDD is not functioning. If that is the case, you won't be successful in archiving anything to the EHD since the programs can not be read from the dead HDD. Sometiimes you can recover use of the box by formatting the HDD but that would clear everything out.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

spam firewall