Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Just have DirecTV for MLBEI...better way to package this?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   msalvail

msalvail

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

Hi Everyone. We subscribe to DirectTV for 6 months out of the year in order to get the MLB Extra Innings package. The way I have been doing this is:

FAMILY Monthly 29.99
HD Access Monthly 9.99
MLB EXTRA INNINGS Regular Season in 4 Payments 49.75
DIRECTV DVR Service Monthly 5.99
07/08 Leased Receiver 4.99
07/08 Primary Leased Receiver 4.99

I am sort of aggravated that the MLB network is not included in the MLBEI package and that it isn't in the family package either. I can't see upgrading to the 55.99 package just to get that, though.

I read somewhere that the HD MLB is included in the basic price of MLBEI. Is that true? Does that mean I could drop the HD Access for 9.99 and still get the baseball games in HD?

THanks in advance! :)

Mary
Mary
*E since '98: Dish 1000.2,VIP622, VIP722K
*D since 4/07 for MLB EI, HR-21

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,754 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

Hi Everyone. We subscribe to DirectTV for 6 months out of the year in order to get the MLB Extra Innings package. The way I have been doing this is:

FAMILY Monthly 29.99
HD Access Monthly 9.99
MLB EXTRA INNINGS Regular Season in 4 Payments 49.75
DIRECTV DVR Service Monthly 5.99
07/08 Leased Receiver 4.99
07/08 Primary Leased Receiver 4.99

I am sort of aggravated that the MLB network is not included in the MLBEI package and that it isn't in the family package either. I can't see upgrading to the 55.99 package just to get that, though.

I read somewhere that the HD MLB is included in the basic price of MLBEI. Is that true? Does that mean I could drop the HD Access for 9.99 and still get the baseball games in HD?

THanks in advance! :)

Mary

No, you will still need the HD Access package but it is true that MLBEI no longer has the Superfan package and that HD is combined.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

That's about the cheapest way you can do it without switching to D* full time.

#4 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:48 AM

Also note you should see a credit for the primary leased receiver. You only see a charge for it so your state can charge tax on it (if they do) and then DirecTV will credit it right back since the primary receiver is "free".

Just curious but what is your primary provider (cable, Dish, etc) and what do they have that saves you enough money to just do DirecTV part time like this?

#5 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

That's about the cheapest way you can do it without switching to D* full time.

Yes it is My cable co want just about the same as Direct TV HD DVR pack for and you get no HD or DVR with it need to pay more for the HD or HD DVR box and you also need to get the sports pack to get some of the channels that are in the HD DVR pack.

Also direct has lower prices to add a box after the first one and NO outlets fees on top of that.

#6 OFFLINE   redram38

redram38

Icon

• Registered
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMillington Tn

Posted 21 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

Yep Comcast is outrageous the way they eat you up on fees. If I wanted to add a 2nd HD DVR it was going to cost me 15.95 for the reciever, 7.95 for the extra outlet and I think they said another 7.95 for the DVR or HD fee on that receiver for a total of 31.85 just to add a freaking Box. I unhooked the HD DVR I had and took it back and canceled service all together. I only got it because they gave it to me for 40.00 off for 6 mths. I would never cancel DTV for comcast. If I had comcast with all I have from DTV my bill would be about 200.00 more a mth. Amazing that they get away with this or even stay in business.
Directv with 4 HDDVR's 3 HR24's and one HR21
Dish with Hopper/sling, Hopper/sling adapter and 4 joeys

Directv for 17 years, Dish for 1 month. Loving the Hopper and Primetime anytime so far.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...