Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Downloads not happening

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dominic26

Dominic26

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:04 PM

Due to circumstances beyond my control (we just moved in), my two HR-21's are currently on the network at half duplex (using 4 wires from the Cat 3, not being used by the phone, currently in the walls). My receivers do show as being on the network, but I am having trouble downloading movies. Could this be the problem? I will be fixing this problem over the next couple of months when I rewire the phone and data networks separate from each other this Spring.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:31 AM

Due to circumstances beyond my control (we just moved in), my two HR-21's are currently on the network at half duplex (using 4 wires from the Cat 3, not being used by the phone, currently in the walls). My receivers do show as being on the network, but I am having trouble downloading movies. Could this be the problem? I will be fixing this problem over the next couple of months when I rewire the phone and data networks separate from each other this Spring.

Yes; most liekly this is your issue.

You also have 2 more choices to correct the issue:

1. Powerline ethernet adapters
or
2. A wireless game adapter with ethernet output like the linksys WGA600N

#3 OFFLINE   Dominic26

Dominic26

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:10 AM

Yes; most liekly this is your issue.

You also have 2 more choices to correct the issue:

1. Powerline ethernet adapters
or
2. A wireless game adapter with ethernet output like the linksys WGA600N

Thank you. I just started yesterday and have made a total separation between my phone and DSL. This will eliminate some phone issues and speed up downloads (the phone wiring is a mess in this house). In April I will start running cat 5 wiring all through the house. This will put things back to full duplex like at our last residence.

I know wireless has gotten a lot better, but call me old fashion. There is still nothing better than a hard wired network. Especially for the file sizes we are getting into these days.

#4 OFFLINE   Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:02 AM

I cannot agree with you more. Hardwire everything if you can.

-Mark-
"There's no place like 127.0.0.1 or ::127.0.0.1 or 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 or ::1!"
Support the DBSTalk forum, become a member, Click Here!
For Networking Help, Click Here!
For my setup, Click Here!
3/98

Protected By... spam firewall...And...