Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

722 reset in middle of playback

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jlluck

jlluck

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:03 AM

Interesting thing happened while watching a recording last night.
I have a New Episode timer set to record The Simpsons and extend the recording 90 minutes to catch all the shows afterwords. The playback was going normal until the fourth show, American Dad. With 10 minutes left in the show (and recording) the image froze, went blank and the 722 reset itself. I started the playback again (hit resume) and it resumed at just past the half way point, then I FF thru the blank part and found the rest of the show. I was able to watch it from that point to finish.

Is there a log that I can look at to see if the hard drive had an issue? Or will something like this happen when signal is suddenly lost?

Just for the heck of it, I RW the recording and tried to play it thru the blank part again and it reset the receiver like before.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   et121212

et121212

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

I had this problem once. It was an OTA channel and we got some warning that the signal was lost prior to this problem.

#3 OFFLINE   jlluck

jlluck

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

I had this problem once. It was an OTA channel and we got some warning that the signal was lost prior to this problem.

I was recording off sat and no "pop-up" or warning of any kind. I've seen those "signal loss" warnings from OTA recordingss. Screen just went blank and a moment later box resets. Weird, really weird.
thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...